Seven

"Oh Joseph!" I say surprised "you managed to have Bella look presentable into society" uses Joseph cut, layered and colored Bella's hair before adding some waves.

(Bella's new hair)

(Bella's new hair)

"It was difficult" he tells me "but I managed to do it"

"You are a miracle worker" I tell him, he nods his head smiling as I pay for our appointment. We then leave to get something to eat. The entire time, Bella has just stayed silent not bothering to interact with anyone. When Bella gets up to go to the bathroom I ask Helen "Helen? Could you make sure your sister doesn't hurt herself?" With Bella anything is possible, Helen nods her head before getting up to leave. As they are gone I read the latest letter I have received from Marcus.

Dear Alexis,

It's all about the context. It's how people find out your darkest secrets. I know you prefer the warmth over rain because why not stay in your hometown or move to a city that reminds you of the dreary rain? You moved to the opposite, Atlanta. I am a man of many things, so you trying to find out everything will be an interesting conquest.

Related to love, I ask how you perceive love as in do you believe everyone deserves a second chance at finding happiness? That there are those in the world who deserve to be happy? Do you believe monsters should be given a chance at love? Related to your view on war, some wars have been fought over love. Take the Trojan War for example, it started because a young prince fell for the kings wife. Many things start war, even love.

Finally, your welcome for the chocolates. I had more chocolates sent since they were meant for you. I hope this time you get to see why Volterra is known for the chocolates.

Sincerely,
Marcus

I smile putting the letter away, I had indeed received the chocolates this time. I think I'll send something to him this time, but what? As I think I look across the street from the restaurant my nieces and I are in to see a pet store. A pet! That should be a good gift.

When Bella and Helen return, Bella is more angry while Helen looks ready to tear into Bella. When they sit down I ask "are you girls full?"

"Yes" they both answer, raising my hand the waiter comes over and I pay. Leaving a tip for the waiter, us girls leave to the pet store.

"Why are we going to a pet store?" Bella demands "pets are smelly foul creatures" she remarks as we enter, I see many people around us glare at her.

"Pets are wonderful creatures" Helen looks at her "I prefer dogs since they can be loyal companions"

"Your sister is quite right" I tell Bella "and this pet is a present for a friend of mine" I go over to one of the workers "hello"

"Hi there" the man smiles "how can I help you folks today?"

"I have a friend who is mysterious and quiet" I tell him "I am looking for a pet that likes to stay quiet but can be a good companion, at first I thought of a dog but my friend doesn't seem like the type to be a dog person" then I realizes "but my niece Helen here loves dogs" looking at her "why don't you go pick one out?"

"Really?" She asks excited "are you sure?"

"Certain" nodding my head "you are a responsible young lady, I'll speak with your mother about the dog" she smiles nodding her head to look at all the dogs. Looking back over to the man "is there a pet here that fits my friends description?"

"I have just the pet" he brings me over to the cats, looking at them I see one who is just sleeping in a ball.

"How about that little one right there?" I point

"That's Secret" he tells me, picking the kitten out of the cage. The kitten yawns as it looks around "she's a mystery, unlike the others she likes the company of others but isn't as active. When she is she can be quite fierce"

"I'll take her" nodding my head "also could you help my niece find the perfect dog for her?"

"Of course"