Four

~Alexis's POV~

Welcome to Forks, population: 3,280 I think. I don't pay attention to how many people live in the area, but I do love this place. See when I was eighteen, I met my ex husband Maxwell when he was visiting. I fell head over heels for him as the kids like to say these days, we ran away to get married and soon I was pregnant with our first son Hank. My parents hated Maxwell and told me not to go near him, but I didn't listen. Sometimes I wish I had listened to them, but I realized if I had listened I wouldn't have had my beautiful children or granddaughter.

Now, I'm driving to our old home in Forks. It's a small two story house. My room is in the attic, my parents wanted Charlie and I to have our own rooms so my room was the attic while he had the room across the hall from theirs. Plus I think my dad wanted me up there to head if I brought any guys home since the floorboards going to the attic creaked loudly.

When I come across it, I park the car in the mud but to have my side of the door open to the road. When I step out, I feel the cool breeze of the air against my face and a small part of my legs. I'm currently wearing a black dress with a red blazer and red boot heels with some earrings.

(There is in scarf)

(There is in scarf)

I grab my purse before getting out and closing the door, I then head up the steps to the door. I knock a few times all chipper. When it opens I smile seeing my baby brother "Charles!" Holding my arms out "there's my shy baby brother" I pinch his cheeks before waltzing inside giving him my purse before looking around. Clapping my hands together "where is she?" Looking back at Charlie who closes the door. See one thing about me and Charlie, is that he looks like our parents with the brown hair while I look like our grandmother Jade who my youngest daughter is named after. She had blonde hair.

"Bella"

"I meant Helen silly" waving my hand I gleefully enter the kitchen "Helen! Oh where oh where is my delightful niece?"

"She's with her mother" Charlie sets my bag on the couch "ever since Bella's episodes at night started, Helen has been staying with her mother Trixie"

"Well" I go over and pat his cheek "your big sister is here, now where is the other one?"

"She's at school" perfect "your room is like always"

"Here" I hand him the keys "my bags are in he trunk, be a dear and get them" I packed lightly since I don't plan on being here for a long time.

Nodding his head he goes outside to my car, as I walk into the kitchen I smile remembering many memories of me, Charlie and our parents in here having meals. When I go to the small table, I see a letter addressed to me from Marcus. I put down my brothers address since I'll be here for some time and wanted Marcus to send me letters.

Dear Alexis,

It's always good to hear from people via hand written letters, not many people now ever spend the time to just sit down and write so it's refreshing to see the letter you sent. Though I do wonder why you had this letter be addressed to a small town in Forks, Washington rather than the big city of Atlanta, Georgia as you live there and prefer the heat over coldness. I hope you liked the chocolates that I had sent, Volterra is known not just for the beauty and mystery but also for the chocolates that our vendors sell.

Though your question that you asked from before is a simple answer, how much are you willing to go to get what you want. If you don't put much effort then of course it'll seem like you have lost, but if you go all out then it'll be worth it with an unexpected surprise. Now, I have a question for you: do you believe in love?

Sincerely,
Marcus

I smile shaking my head, putting the letter back in the envelope I put it away in my purse just as Charlie comes in with the last of my bags. "You know" Charlie looks at me "I hope these are filled with clothes"

"Those two are" I gesture "the others are filled with shoes, bags, makeup. Just the essentials" he sighs before taking them upstairs, I would help but where would the lesson be?