Five

~Marcus's POV~

What would Dydime think of me for responding to another woman? Dydime was my mate, she will always be my mate. Dydime would bring so much happiness since that was her power, the power to bring happiness to others when they were around her. I will always hold anger to Aro for what he made me do, killing my own mate. One day he will pay for the crime he had me commit. I still don't understand how he can live with himself where he takes someone's soulmate from the other person, that he can just go to his and be with her whenever he pleases while I have be reminded constantly of mine by his presence since not only was Dydime my mate but also his little sister.

Right now I'm sitting on my throne, we kings all are just sitting in silence when there's a knock at the door. It opens to the newest receptionist, Alice I think her name is. Honestly we go through each receptionist so fast that it's hard to keep track.

"Ah" Aro smiles "Alyssa, come forward"

"What do you want?" Caius demands

"A letter" we see the silver tray she has "for Master Marcus" I feel eyes on me, raising my hand I wave her over. She comes up the steps and I take the letter seeing it's from Alexis. A small smile forms on my lips for a brief moment, but it goes away since I don't want Aro taking her away from me.

Dear Marcus,

How do you know where I live? You never answered that question. Just like how I'm curious as to how you know I prefer the warmth rather than the dreary weather of my hometown? How exactly do you know things about me that I clearly haven't told you? This is one of the many things I'll figure out about you since you seem so keen as to be a complete mystery. This mystery is one I fully intend on uncovering, you could call me the Nancy Drew for our generation or the female Sherlock Holmes. Though neither is as beautiful as I am.

Though I ought to agree with you how very few people actually spend their days sitting down and writing on paper to someone other than text. I have a feeling if more people were to write more letters then there won't be as much war, but then again if men would just take time like us women and listen to each other there won't be as many reasons to go to war.

I snort at that, there are many reasons people go to war. For instance, a woman. The Trojan War, even though it was for power in the end it all started over a woman. Queen Helen of Sparta, the Prince of Troy grew infatuated with her beauty. Some say she was stolen others say she went freely with the young prince, but that is all it took to start the great ten year war which destroyed a great civilization.

But to answer your question as to do I believe in love? That is a vague open ended question, though I believe you intended for it to be open ended. Love comes in many forms: the love between a parent and their child, the love between a pet and their owner, the love between two people who wish to spend the rest of their lives together, etc. It all depends on how you perceive love, how do you view love Marcus? But as for me, why don't you ask a more specific question pertaining love and I'll let you know.

Finally, thank you for the chocolates though they went to my daughter Evelyn. I have to thank you otherwise since it did give me a chance to spend time with one of my daughters. Evelyn much like her father spends more time in an office rather than with humans, so it was helpful when the chocolates were sent.

Yours Truly,
Alexis

I put the letter back in the envelope before putting it inside my cloak where there's a pocket I have. Looking at the nervous receptionist I wave her off, she nods her head before walking away. If I asked for chocolates to be sent right now, the whole castle will be gossiping. But I think me receiving letters is enough gossip.

"Are we just going to pretend like nothing just happened?" Caius demands, I look over at the two who are curious as to the letter.

"Who was the letter from?" Aro asked, I look away then and stay silent. I hear Aro and Caius whisper to each other like gossiping girls wondering who the letter was from.