Three

~Marcus's POV~

Life is the same, stay in my room all day being reminded of my dead mate Dydime with her scent all over the place and her clothes catching dust in the closet, go to the throne room and sit in silence waiting for something interesting to happen, then repeat. Sometimes I go down to the garden Dydime and I would tend to, it's a little place open to the public since Dydime loved how people would take time out of their day to enjoy the simplicity of the natural beauty such as flowers.

A little over a month ago, I had gone down at night to the gardens to see the flowers and make note of which ones to tend to when I saw a beautiful blonde on the bride looking down into the water. The moonlight above her made her look like a goddess under its rays as she looked down into the water, her beautiful chocolate brown eyes danced as if you shouldn't be distracted by her beauty for there was a dangerous predator underneath waiting to strike. I then saw the mate bond form between me and her after a few moments, I was confused considering people only had one mate.

So I took the chance and went up to her to talk, it was a short conversation. But in that one conversation I could tell that we are kindred spirits but that she was more then likely going to be more free. I could also see pain in her eyes, one that I just wanted to take her and shield her from the world. But we soon went our separate ways, I would stay a distance away and watch her as she spent her time with her children who wanted nothing more than to go back to their lives rather than spend some time with their mother. That Steven seemed to want to spend time and also the granddaughter, but the daughters needed a good hit to the head to realize how precious life is with those you love.

I had written to her a week ago, I also had chocolates sent to her hope it she'd like them. Now I'm in the throne room looking through a book standing, Caius is organizing the books while Aro is also reading but is in his chair. The book I'm reading is filled with poems and short stories when there's a knock at the door. I don't look over seeing as it's the human receptionist since we can hear her fast heartbeat. "Hello Jennifer, what brings you in?"

"A letter" she says "for Master Marcus" I can feel everyone's eyes on me, closing the book I turn around and go to Jennifer. She looks at me nervously as I take the letter before waving her away, going back to the table I see it's from Alexis. Opening it I read it:

Dear Marcus,

Have you ever heard the saying you can't teach an old dog new tricks? Well I am that dog, I don't like to give up so easily. It's a flaw of mine, I have many like any other person. By the way, how did you get my address? The only thing we discussed was very little, I mean the advice you gave was sage and all but it's kind of weird how you knew where I lived. If I had known you were going to be such a mysterious man I would have had our conversation last longer than it did. But since it seems you like giving out advice, I have a question: would you give up so easily even if you know there was no chance or would you keep going?

Yours Truly,
Alexis

I fold the letter back and put it in my jacket pocket, picking up the book I set down I go back to reading. I feel eyes on me the entire time, nothing new. But I guess since it comes to me and how little I talk now, something as interesting as a letter arriving for me if very interesting. "Well" Caius asked "who was the letter from?"

"Someone just wanting to thank me" is all I say

"So it's a thank you letter?" Aro asked "what is the person thanking you for?"

"Advice" turning the page in the book, I'll write to her later when no one is as suspicious as they are now.