Chapter one

Selah's POV (Chapter 1)

I was taking notes in my notebook during Science. We were doing a science experiment today. We were supposed to make a mixture to increase plant growth speed. My teacher instructed us to follow her directions. I noticed Ja'khi had messed up one of the ingredients to the mixture, but I didn't think much of it. Neveah Phillips asks the teacher if she could use the restroom,the instructor hesitantly said yes. As she rose from her seat and walked to the bathroom, she bumped Ja'khi's desk causing the mixture to slightly spill on him. "Sorry about that Ja'khi." Neveah said walking off to the restroom.
After that small incident we carried on with our science. After a couple minutes we realized it was time for Physical Education. We postponed the experiment for until tomorrow. Everyone began to get their backpacks and pack up. I noticed Ja'khi was acting strange, as we walked out of the classroom, I asked him if something was wrong but he just muttered an "I'm fine." And continued walking to PE.

As usual, we went to the tires to talk about things. Nevaeh P and Dakota were on the swings together. Ethan w as talking with Summer and Neveah Fox , but Ja'khi was just standing there staring at Neveah Philips for some reason. I noticed that veins were...visible all over his body? I asked him if he was okay again but this time he just remained quiet,not taking his gaze off Neveah Philips. I could obviously see he wasn't okay. All of a sudden he took off running to wards Nevaeh Phillips and bit her arm. she started to scream, Ja'khi was tearing her skin off the only thing I could do was tell Dakota to run but it was too late after Jakhi had killed Neveah Phillips,he looked at Dakota and tackled her the only thing she could do was was let out a scream.Till Ethan pushed jakhi,picked up Dakota, and ran. We all decided to hide in the cafeteria since it was the only safe place for now. We locked the doors and hid on the stage the only thing we had was our backpacks. It was only our friend group because we didn't have Time to tell anyone, not even the teachers.After about 10 minutes I noticed Dakota was acting strange her veins started to pop out just like Ja'khi..then I realized the huge bite mark on her leg. She started to stand she was twitching. Just before she was about to charge at me Summer held her back. Dakota was trying to attack us. But she couldn't as Summer still had a good grip on her. We tied her to a pole just incase she ends up hurting someone. We were all clueless on what to do.