Chapter 8

Photo of Harry's Instagram story that Sophia The sees above

——————————

I'm lying in bed, eyes closed and I hear my phone going off. Why is someone calling me this early? I'm also tempted to just ignore it, but it could be something important. I reached over to my phone and half opened my eyes.

It's Harry? I quickly jumped up trying to wake up. It only took me a few seconds to wake up. Especially for Harry.

"Hello" I answered quickly, sitting up in bed and getting comfortable.
"I'm sorry I did wake you up?" I heard the concern in his voice, it was raspy, soft.

"No not at all" I lied, I lifted my hand up to my face and softly moved it across my face in disbelief that he was at me.

"Sorry I just wanted to call before my flight, how are you?" He asked.

"I'm good thank you". I sat up on my bed with legs up to my chest. "How are you?"

"I'm great, I'm a little tired"

"The show was amazing a few nights ago. You boys have incredible fans."

"Yeah, I know, we are very lucky."

"Where are you going today?"

"We are actually heading to America soon"

"Oh" I didn't mean that to come out the way it did. "What's wrong?" He asks, a little concerned.

I definitely didn't mean to say that out loud.

"Oh nothing, that would be great. How long are you there for?"

"Six months"

Fuck me.

"That's been a long time", I stared at the wall. Six months is so long. Sophia shut up. I have known him for three days. I needed to chill out before he blocked my number.

"Yeah we have heaps to do here, a lot of touring and interviews."

"I can imagine where you went after that?"

"Your home country, my love". I got butterflies as soon as he gets that.

"The down under hey"

"Oh yes, Sophia."

We talked for another half an hour before he had to go.

I think I really like him. He is such an incredible guy. But it could never work.

I get up and head to have a shower, I wash my hair and think of all the scenarios of what could happen with Harry and I. But I also think that it wouldn't work, we live in two different worlds and I just don't know if I'm ready for that. I get out and dry and straighten my hair. I walk to my bedroom and get ready for the day. I have work tomorrow. I have work tomorrow. Oh my god, this is my reality.

I walk out to the kitchen and make smashed avocado on toast with a cup of tea. Alannah walks out and makes a cup of tea as well.

"Sophia, have you thought about Harry and what could go further with him?" She sits down next to me.

"Yeah I have. I don't know what to think of it and how it would work, but I don't want to get ahead of myself either."

"Yeah, I have been the same with Zayn. We talk all the time and he said he loves spending time with me."

"That's so cute" I smiled at her.

"Yeah it is, but we live in two different worlds."

"That's what I think too!" I said, almost standing up on my seat.

"Sophia, as much as I still can't believe this is real, I don't think it will ever be again, will ever

We both then turn towards our cups of tea. Silent.

"I know, when I realised I had work tomorrow it all hit me that tomorrow is our reality."

After an hour of talking about what could and would happen, we got up and started doing our own things around the house. I start doing my washing and clean my bedsheets. I feel like my day is going very slowly.

I keep checking my phone. No messages. I go on Instagram and see Harry has put up a new story. I clicked on it and it was Harry on a plane seat, captioned 'London - LA'. Agh, he is already on his way to America. I put my phone down and just lay on my bed. This thinking of what could happen hurts my brain. Should I just block his number? It would be easier, it could never work. I go to my contacts on my phone and click on his name.

I stared at his name. I have a Harry Styles number, a random girl. I shouldn't delete it. But. If I don't and we continue to talk I'm only going to get hurt. I scrolled down and scrolled on 'delete this contact'.

I just looked at the red-coloured writing. I can't. My head is telling me to, but I can't do it. Not yet.