Chapter 12

The loud alarming sound goes off near my ear, almost piercing it. I reached another for my phone and turned the alarm off. I sat up in my bed, looking out the window. I can't believe today is the day for my new job.

Will I be meeting the artist today? Surely they would not be so busy, too busy to meet some new employee. I get up and quickly make my bed, I stroll to the kitchen and turn the kettle on. I need a cup of tea badly.

I get in the shower and quickly wash my body and my hair, I get out and quickly dry and style it. I walk into my room and get out my white jumper, straight blue jeans and my Nikes, I get changed into them and style them with my rings and necklaces.

I walked into the kitchen and called my mum. The time difference is hard but it should be her nighttime there. I get my cup of tea and sit down on the couch.

"Hello dear" Her sweet voice answers the phone. "Hi mum" answered.

"What's news Sophia" she questioned quickly,

The thing is, I hardly speak to my family, it's hard living overseas and cutting. the communication back was easier for me. I call once a month with updates on my life and updates on theirs.

"Well, I have got a new job offer. I will be travelling around with an artist to help the fans gain a better experience with their night at the concert" she said her.

"Well Sophia, that sounds great, I'm so proud of you, what are you going to do about your apartment in London?" She started to sound concerned, as this is something I need to work out and would know I haven't done anything about it, but to be fair, I only got the job yesterday.

"Thanks mum, I don't know, I'm going to speak to the manager about it today and see if it's something I need to sell because I won't be home. It might be good to maybe rent it out?" I can't believe I'm 26 and asked my mum what I should do.

"Look Soph, don't rush into anything, see how today goes and call me in a couple of days and let's discuss what to do. You don't want to do anything to your apartment."

She is such a good mother, and knows what to say.

"Thanks mum, I will let you know, I'll let you go now. Love you"

"Love you too, Soph"

We hung up the call and I looked at the time, shit I needed to go and hand in the papers. I quickly grabbed my bag and headed out the door. I get the bus to the Live Nation building. Ten minutes later, I arrived at the building. I walked inside and straight to the front desk.

"Excuse me, hi, I was just wondering if I could hand these papers to Mr Rogers", I, smiling at the receptionist.

"Good Morning, of course, may I get your name please", she smiles, taking the papers from my hand. "Sophia Hayes"

"Perfect, thank you, have a lovely day!"

I smiled at her and walked out. Right now I need to find how to get from here to the O2 Arena. I get my phone out and look at the maps, it only takes 10 minutes. I have an hour before I need to meet Mr Rogers there. I go to the underground and get on a train to North Greenwich Station. I know there are a few places to eat near the arena.

I got to the station and walked up to the top. I looked left at the arena and my eyes widened. I can't believe  how big that is. I'm probably going to get lost. I walked over to a bar that was directly across from it. I sat down at the table and ordered a salad. I can't get bloated before work.

My salad comes and I start to eat it, my phone starts to buzz. I looked at the screen. I looked at Jordan.

Jordan :
Hi Soph,
Good luck today. Call me once you finish x