Chapter 11

6 YEARS LATER

I'm getting changed into my straight blue jeans, a plain white top with a light grey blouse with my black boots. I added some accessories and got my bag and phone. I have an interview at 10, which is in 30 minutes.

I walked out my apartment and started heading for the train. I sit on the train and just think a lot has changed in the last five years. Alannah moved out 10 months ago. She moved to Manchester. She got an internship at a design company and needed to take it. It's been hard being on my own for these months but it has made me realise I want to do something different with my life. I changed my hair to short and blonde, I actually have a real tan as I just got back from. A European trip with my family.

I started looking for a jobs that work at festivals or concerts. I want to do something with the fans. I want them to have the best experience they could get from seeing their favourite artist. I had an interview with Live Nations. They are an international well-known company that works with local artists and world-known artists like Justin Bieber.

Jordan knew someone who could get me an interview called 'fan based coordinator'. I actually don't know what the job is but it sounds good.

I get off the train and started heading to the building. I'm nervous that if I don't get the job I will just have to apply for a job back at the hospital. I get to the building with the moving doors, people walking in and out. Rushing around and wearing suits. Oh, I hope I don't need to wear those. I walked in and up to the receptionist's desk.

"Hi, how can I help you?" The young blonde lady asks as she looks up from her computer.

"Hi, I have an interview with Mr Rogers." She looked down at her computer. "Oh yes, level 43, the elevator is on your left just down the hall" "thank you". I smiled and walked away.

I walked down the hall and clicked on the button. There are 13 elevators, so surely the wait isn't long. The sound goes off as the elevator door opens and I walk in. The door closes with a few people standing in there with brief cases, chatting to each other.

This is so fancy, I'm starting to freak out that I'm not dressed up enough. The door opens at level 43. I got off and looked around before noticing another desk with the lady sitting behind it. I walked over and stood in front of her. She looked up.

"Hi, how can I help you today?" She asked, smiling.

"Hi, I have an interview with Mr Rogers."

"Perfect, take a seat" she says, using her hand, pointing to the seats behind me.

"Thank you", I walked over and took a seat. Looking around, taking in the workers walking around, coffee in one hand and a book in another. I got my phone out and messaged Jordan, letting him know I'm about to go in and to wish me luck.

"Ms Hayes?" I looked up and saw a young guy in a navy blue suit. "Yes" I smiled, standing up.

"Please follow me". He waits for me to start walking around to a room with a huge table in the middle and chairs all around.

"Please take a seat". I sat down and he sat across from me.

"So a friend of mine got in contact with me letting me know you wanted to work in our industry."

"Yes I do, I think Live Nation is a great company to work at. I always hear great feedback from my friends and I would like to see what I can offer to the company."

"This role is something we haven't done before with our company and the artist. This role consists of giving back to the fans" I sat back in the chair, cracking his knuckles.

"This is something I always wanted to do but I never thought it was a job" I smiled. "Well, I'm glad this is something you want to do. This will make the role go better than we could imagine."

I smile at him, he lifts up the paper and looks at it before looking back at me.

"So just remind you this is a travel job. You will be travelling with the artist and crew for tour for a year and a half, this-"

"Sorry pardon?" I'm travelling?

"Did you not know this was a requirement?"

"No sorry, it wasn't mentioned."

"Are you still interested?"

"Yes, of course." I'm too scared to even think of what I need to do to travel around.

"Perfect, it's also a requirement to sign a contract before seeing the artist. This is all legal signing. Please look through it tonight and you can send it back to us tomorrow. This role is only up for a day, so if you do want it, you need to let us know as soon as possible" He turns the paper over. There are at least 15 pages of paper there.

"Of course" I smiled.

"So let's talk more about the fun stuff of this job. You will go around to fans on the night of the event and build up their excitement to see their favourite artist seeing you think they are the top fan, you will have free video tickets. The tickets will be different at each city or arena, meaning in London you in have tickets for the most pit. In Manchester, you will have tickets for backstage and mosh. You will then surprise them and give those tickets to them". He threw his hands up in the excitement of what I could be doing.

"Oh wow" I couldn't wipe the smile from my face,. That sounds incredible!

"Is this something you are interested in?"

"Yes" I couldn't say it fast enough.

"Congratulations, you have the job then if you want it", He stood up and stood up to me, holding his hand out to shake mine. I shook my hand with his and he handed the paper to me.

"Please sign this tonight and hand this back tomorrow. If you have changed your mind, just call us and shred the papers."

"Thank you so much, I appreciate this so much."

"Please thank your friend for becoming us a great worker"

"Oh definitely, thank you again."

We walked out of the room and to the desk. "Ms Hayes, if you agree to work with us, let's meet tomorrow at 1pm, at The O2 arena, Gate 4" I smile at him. "Sounds great, thank you" I shook his hand and headed to the elevator. This is going to be so much fun.

I head home and get changed into something comfortable. I messaged Jordan and let him know that I got a job and I started on Thursday. The day passed by and Jordan and I have been texting all day. He is such a gentleman, he is different from the other guys I have met. But I don't think I see him as my future boyfriend, more than as a's best friend. I met him one day at a cafe where I was working. He would come in every day order the same coffee. I soon got to know him well and we became great friends. I got the paper that I needed to look through and sign. God, it's kinda thick.

I started reading through it.

~ He or she may not publicly share the artist/s they are working with unless the artist has agreed with them.
~He or she may have no relationship with the artist/s or crew members.
~He or she will not break the contract until the artist/s has completed the tour unless the artist/s has approved.
~He or She must not share what their job title is with the external community.
~ He or She is obliged to travel with artists/s around the world.

The list went on and on. I'm actually excited about knowing who this artist is. They are probably just a band who are just starting in the social light. I get to the last page and signed my life away. I put it back in its folder and sat it on the bench. I messaged Alannah and let her know I got a new job and I started tomorrow. I started getting ready for bed and had a quick shower. I seriously can't contain my excitement about this job, but if I start tomorrow what will happen to my apartment while I travel? I didn't really think about that. This will have to be something I need to discuss. Should I sell my apartment?

I get out of the shower and wrap my towel around my body, quickly drying my hair and doing some self-care treatments on me. I walked to my bedroom and got changed into a long T-shirt. I need some new ones. This one is so old it must be Alannah's.

Right, I need to sleep. I make sure I have my alarm set four times before turning my phone off. I can't risk sleeping in and miss getting the papers in tomorrow.