𝑺𝑰𝑿

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑺𝑰𝑿ߊ 𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝑇𝐸𝑆𝑇

"Trouble Owen?"

➶ ➴↶*ೃ✧˚. ❃ ↷ ˊ-

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐅𝐄𝐖 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐕𝐈𝐆𝐎𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 that had left the thief of Adarlan feeling numb and ready to call it quits. Captain Westfall would force them to run through the game park in the early hours of the morning. The sky was always colored in diverse shades of blue with long strokes of pink and orange to decorate the horizon. 

She had always admired it, eyes darting to the colors as the sun came from its hiding place. It was peaceful in a way, calming her emotions and helping to reset her thoughts for the day's journey ahead. By the time the sun had risen, canvassing the earth with its luminous glow, they had run the entire path twice. After which, Mia would complain in ire as Celaena dumped a bottle of water over her head because she smelled like sweat.

They trained in private, away from the others. It made it easier for the twins to push themselves harder and faster than they could as mere jewel thieves in the eyes of the public. The routine they had settled into came easily, she realized, the three of them joking and snarking off at each other through every step as if they'd been doing it their whole lives. 

As the days grew by, she had begun to notice that the captain's annoying voice was slowly growing on her. Perhaps one day she would consider him a friend, though it would be a long way away. She still wanted to throttle him every time he opened his mouth.

The day before their first test, however, Mia found that things were going wrong long before she had ever left her room. Though she wasn't all to upset about the change of events. She'd actually slept in for once, no bumbling Captain stampeding his way across her rooms and ushering her to breakfast. He'd become her personal morning alarm, much to her chagrin. It was quite strange, waking up with the sun instead of before, though she learned to enjoy it. She'd spent that morning on her balcony chair, soaking in the rays as she sipped on her morning tea. Though she skipped her morning run, Celaena came barging into her room and pulled her through the rest of their training routines once more. 

Mia almost felt lazy in the sense that Celaena was always dragging her off to train. She could almost imagine a life where it was unnecessary, all this training and running about. A life where she was free to choose what she wanted to do, go wherever she wanted to go, be whomever she pleased to be. But reality was all too real, and she found herself not fighting it as she was dragged to training.