chapter 12

⊹⊱≼2

⊹⊱≼2.0K WORDS≽⊰⊹
⊹⊱≼©ZABISHA≽⊰⊹
⊹⊱≼OCT2022≽⊰⊹
━━━━━━━◦᯽◦ ━━━━━━━

Jungkook woke up to the sound of his regular alarm, but as he sat up on the bed, he felt an overwhelming sense of exhaustion both in his body and mind. He knew he couldn't go to university that day, not with the countless hickeys covering his skin that couldn't be hidden with makeup.

With a heavy sigh, Jungkook decided to rest a bit longer and fell back asleep, setting aside the responsibilities of the day.

He requested the servants bring breakfast to his room at 11 a.m., hoping to distract himself from the painful thoughts that plagued his mind.

Jungkook tried reading books, checking his phone, and going back to reading again, just trying to resist the urge to cry. His swollen and hurting eyes were a reminder of how much he had already cried.

Lying on the bed, he closed his eyes, trying to find some peace in sleep, but it seemed elusive. Suddenly, his phone rang, breaking the silence.

Jungkook lazily picked it up after a few minutes and saw that it was a message from Taehyung.

Fear gripped him, and he nervously bit his lip, even though his lips were already painfully bruised. Opening the messenger app, he braced himself for the worst but was taken aback when he saw that Taehyung was inviting him for coffee in the evening.

Jungkook felt conflicted. He wasn't sure if he could handle meeting Taehyung, afraid that he would be confronted with the hurtful words.

Another part of him hoped that Taehyung had forgotten everything and was offering the invitation genuinely. He contemplated whether he should go and decided to decline the invitation, as he didn't want Taehyung to see him covered in hickeys and possibly misunderstand the situation.

Moreover, he couldn't muster the courage to face Taehyung just yet. He needed some time to process everything that happened and prepare for any type of situation.

In the end, Jungkook messaged Taehyung back, saying that he was busy and couldn't make it for coffee.

He lied down on the bed again after putting his phone on the table, trying to give himself some space and time to sort through his emotions.

After a few seconds, another notification rang on Jungkook's phone. Unable to believe what he was reading, Jungkook blinked his eyes. "I'll wait until then; take care." Taehyung said in the message