chapter 22

⊹⊱≼3

⊹⊱≼3.6K WORDS≽⊰⊹
⊹⊱≼©ZABISHA≽⊰⊹
⊹⊱≼DEC2022≽⊰⊹
━━━━━━━◦᯽◦ ━━━━━━━

Jungkook's mind was a whirlwind of thoughts; his brows furrowed in deep contemplation as he sat in the back seat of the car. The tension in the vehicle was palpable; his father's disapproval of the arranged marriage proposal hung heavily in the air. Jungkook's fingers tapped restlessly against his thigh as he pondered the sudden urgency behind Mr. Kim's decision.

The ache in his head intensified as he delved deeper into his thoughts. Why the rush? What had prompted Mr. Kim to hurriedly bind Taehyung in marriage? Jungkook's mind raced through possible scenarios, each one more puzzling than the last.

He had spent the entire morning mulling over this enigma, and now, as they pulled up to the Kim Mansion, his heart was pounding. He stepped out of the car, his parents already ahead of him. His mother's voice barely registered, lost as he was in the labyrinth of his own thoughts.

"Kook!" Mrs. Jeon's voice penetrated the fog in his mind, calling him back to reality.

"Yeah," Jungkook stammered, his attention snapping back. They had entered the mansion, and his surroundings seemed to take on an eerie atmosphere, as if the walls themselves held secrets.

Mr. and Mrs. Kim stood in the hallway, waiting. Jungkook's gaze swept the area, but one notable absence gnawed at him: Taehyung was nowhere to be seen. An unsettling feeling settled in his chest—an odd sensation that something was amiss.

As they approached Mr. and Mrs. Kim, Jungkook's unease deepened. He couldn't shake the feeling that he was missing a crucial piece of the puzzle.

A polite exchange of greetings punctuated the air as they all took their seats on the sofa, positioning themselves with a sense of formality.

Mr. and Mrs. Kim settled on one side of the hall, the weight of their unspoken concerns casting a shadow over their demeanour. On the opposite sofa sat Mr. and Mrs. Jeon with their son, their expressions carrying a mixture of emotions that hung in the air.

The atmosphere within the hall wasn't exactly cosy; an underlying tension seemed to permeate the space, creating an invisible barrier between them. The upholstery of the sofa, though plush, offered little comfort to the hearts that beat in rhythm with their own thoughts.

Mr. Kim's internal turmoil swirled into a storm of emotions that he tried to conceal. Embarrassment gnawed at him, a result of his son's recent behaviour that he struggled to reconcile. Meanwhile, Mrs. Kim's eyes held a quiet concern; her maternal instincts worried for her son's and Jungkook's happiness in this new chapter of his life. Yet her lips remained sealed, the weight of her husband's well-being holding her back.