chapter 24

⊹⊱≼4

⊱≼4.3K WORDS≽⊰⊹
⊹⊱≼©ZABISHA≽⊰⊹
⊹⊱≼JAN2023≽⊰⊹
━━━━━━━◦᯽◦ ━━━━━━━

Close Quarters: A Study Session of Hearts and Desires

With the night's tranquilly enveloping the surroundings, Taehyung's newly showered form entered his dimly lit room. The soft glow of the moonlight filtered through the curtains, casting a gentle illumination across the space.

His toned physique was adorned with just a towel, wrapped securely around his waist. The beads of water that clung to his skin from his recent shower glistened, adding a faint shimmer to his appearance. The air held a sense of calm, and the faint scent of his body wash lingered in the room.

The clock on his nightstand ticked away, marking the passage of time since he had dinner a couple of hours ago. The day's activities had left him refreshed and ready to unwind.

Taehyung decided to dress for comfort, opting for a black t-shirt that clung to his chest and a pair of equally black half-pants that flowed loosely around his legs. He moved with a sense of quiet grace as he descended the stairs, his footsteps barely making a sound.

In the living area, his mother was also preparing to retire for the night. As he caught sight of her, Taehyung offered a warm smile. "Good night, mom," he greeted her softly, his voice carrying a sense of affection.

Mrs. Kim turned her attention towards her son, the corners of her lips lifting into a gentle smile. "Good night, bear," she replied, her endearing nickname for him carrying the love of a mother.

With their exchange complete, Taehyung continued his journey into the kitchen. He was drawn to the idea of sipping on a warm cup of tea—a perfect way to wind down before bed.

With the soft glow of the kitchen lights casting a warm ambiance, Taehyung moved around the spacious room with a sense of purpose. He filled the kettle with water and placed it on the stove, the gentle hiss of the gas filling the air as the flame ignited.

With a casual flick of his wrist, he retrieved his phone from his pocket and dialled Jungkook's number. Setting the phone on speaker, he placed it on the kitchen counter, allowing their conversation to fill the air.

"Hi hyung," Jungkook's voice flowed through the speaker, a soothing melody that danced in the air. Taehyung's lips curled into a smile, the familiarity of Jungkook's greeting washing over him like a comforting wave.

"Hi, Jungkook," Taehyung replied, his own voice carrying a mix of warmth and concern. He leaned against the counter, his fingers idly tracing patterns on its smooth surface.