two - obsessed with her

Sharp at 8am, the next morning, Abhimanyu watched from afar, sitting in the soft interior of his car, as Akshara —his Akshara left her apartment complex to go for her morning jog, like she always did. She was wearing leggings and a matching top, white running shoes and AirPods blocking the noise from any external forces.

Music. She loved music. And painting. Singing too. Dancing was her expertise. My girl was creative. An artiste.

He watched as Akshara turned the corner and disappeared from his sight of vision. He didn't need to say a word as his car began to automatically trail behind Akshara —being careful to stay far behind as to not make her suspicious but also close enough so he could keep an eye out for her.

Akshara was busy listening to the music on her iPhone and kept humming along with the shuffling of songs that played. Classic Bollywood songs —old-school ones were her favourites but she also had an affinity to the newer catchier tunes too. Because music was music, just as love was love.

Abhimanyu's car came to a halt as he saw Akshara stepping into a small, individual mom and pop owned coffee shop —Coffee Time despite there being a Starbucks and Costa Coffee just another block away.

A smile formed on the corner of his lips. His Akshara —ever the innocent —always thinking of ways to help the people around her.

He picked up his phone and speed dialed Sanjay. "Coffee Time. I want it," and ended the two second phone call without waiting for an answer.

And no, he didn't mean the coffee. No, no, no.

Akshara came out of the coffee shop with a lady and a young boy, barely past the age of 7 in tow. She gave the lady a warm hug and ruffled the boys hair before handing the lady a piece of paper and taking her leave.

A dazed smile formed on Abhimanyu's lips as he saw Akshara take a sip of her coffee —a vanilla latte with whipped cream topping —and saw that her nose was covered in the whipped cream. He stared in adoration as Akshara wiped her nose off with her thumb and then suckled her extra whipped cream off.

One day. One day he would be the one doing that. Wiping the whipped cream topping off her cute button nose and making her suckle his thumb to get rid of the contents. One day.

His followed Akshara back to her apartment and only left her to her own accord once he knew she has safely entered her building.

"Office." He ushered the driver, looking straight ahead but his mind wandering back to what Akshara might be doing.

Obsessed.

He was obsessed with her.

~*~

Abhimanyu walked into his office to see Sanjay and a few other of his men exchanging worried glances amongst each other.

"What's wrong?" He asked as he sat down on his desk.

No one spoke. Again, all just shifted nervously and looked at each other pointedly.

"The deal fell through." Sanjay as the first one to crack.

"What happened?" Abhimanyu asked, his demeanor surprisingly laid back.

"Sinhas declined the offer. They said they have old relationships with the Goenka's and that's why they refuse to give up their majority stake in Goenka Diamonds."

Abhimanyu scoffed, a nasty laughter bubbling up inside of him. "Family, relationships, friends. These words sound wonderful and all, but nothing talks louder than money. Double the offer."