three - persuasive birla

"But why Coffee Time?" Akshara asked again, still skeptical about Abhimanyu's reasonings.

"What do you mean, why Coffee Time?" He asked her, his voice low.

"I mean...what you did for Sunny and Daisy, that is wonderful and not many people would have done it but what benefit does it have to you?"

"Benefit?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Benefit, profit?! How do you profit from buying Coffee Time? It's not the best investment." Akshara motioned her hands around, trying to think of the right words to say, to explain herself.

But you are. "Oh, I don't think of it as an investment. More like a charity, actually."

"Charity?"

"Yes. Charity. Except here people can continue to do the things they love —in this case run a coffee shop —without the financial burden. Gives them a sense of independence."

This man. This man standing in front of her was entirely something else. His method of thinking was unparalleled, unmatched. One didn't have to wonder why and how he became one of the top businessmen of this country.

"I'm not a bad man, Akshara." I'm a wicked one. "I just think practically. Logically. Daisy and Sunny would never be happy sitting at home, counting pennies. They need the hustle and bustle of life to keep them going. I just gave them that. Simple as that."

Akshara thought to herself for a moment. What Abhimanyu was saying made sense. Sunny and Daisy would have been heartbroken had Coffee Time come under financial constraint so in a way, Abhimanyu saved them.

And then helping her out in the rain with the kids? Not many people would do that. Only good, kindhearted people would do that without any malice or ulterior motives.

"Okay. Thank you. Thank you for helping Daisy and Sunny out. It means a lot. To them and to me." Her voice was earnest, grateful.

"You're welcome, Akshara." He gave her a bright, sexy smile, making her heart skip a beat.

This man was sexy and he knew it and he wasn't afraid to use that charm on the women around him. She was no exception.

"I'm not a bad person Akshara and I'd like to prove it to you." Liar. You're vile, vicious and vindictive. "Go out to dinner with me."

Akshara felt as if the floor had just slipped from beneath her as she did a double take at Abhimanyu's words. "What?"

"Dinner. Tomorrow. I'd like to take you to dinner tomorrow."

"But I don't even know you. You don't even know me." She reasoned.

"That's exactly why we need to go to dinner. So we can get to know each other better." He stated intently, daring her to argue.

"I...I don't go on dates with men I just met." Akshara hesitated.

"I don't either." Humor Birla? Since when? "But I'd like to go out on a date with you. Just one."

"You're relentless aren't you?" She asked, her tone tiptoeing around playfulness. No wonder this man had an entire business empire to his name. He did not take no for an answer.

"Just with things that I really want." Like you.

Abhimanyu felt the wheels of her head turning as she thought of her answer.

"Come on, Akshara. One date." He pushed further.

"Okay, fine. One date. Tomorrow, at 8?"

"Thank you, beautiful. I'll send my driver to pick you up at 7:30."