twenty seven - a special affair

"Where are we going?" Abhimanyu asked Akshara as they waited for the driver to bring the car out front.

He checked the time on his watch to see it was around 5pm and looked up to see the sun was starting to set.

The two weeks were not over yet. Just 2 days to go before the ban on their 'extraneous' activities was lifted. To be honest, he felt completely fine. But was Akshara who was adamant on paying heed to the doctor's each and every word and followed it as if it was the gospel of truth.

Last night when their make out session had gotten a bit too heated, he'd tried to convince her with his tongue and hands of the intimacy they were both craving, but alas. She had stood her ground.

Although he had to admit that Akshara's constant shying away from his touch annoyed him just a little bit, tested his patience but he was trying his best to keep her happy, satisfied.

"I heard on the news that there is a fair in town. And I thought rather than being cooped up in the house, what better way to spend our day than take a ride around town?"

"I can think of many different ways we could hav spent the day." Abhimanyu suggested, making Akshara's cheeks turn red.

Just then the car arrived and the driver opened the rear passenger doors for Abhimanyu and Akshara.

"It's okay, bhaiya, we'll drive the car today." Akshara announced, holding her hand out for the keys.

The driver looked over at Abhimanyu for permission and only handed the car keys over after receiving Abhimanyu's subtle nod. After handing over the car keys, the driver looked at Abhimanyu once again before nodding his head and taking his leave.

Abhmanyu expected Akshara to hand over the car keys to him for driving but instead was astonished as she walked around the car to the driver's seat.

Akshara opened the driver's seat to see Abhimanyu standing there frozen as a statue. "Come sit."

"You're going to be driving?"

"Yes."

"You sure?" He asked, uncertainly.

"Yes I am." Akshara rolled her eyes at his concern.

"I am perfectly capable of driving you know." Abhimanyu tried his best to stay calm and not raise his voice. Things had been going so good for them lately that he was afraid of popping that bubble of satisfaction. But he didn't enjoy the thought of Akshara driving. Something in the back of his head was clawing at him for his lack of control over the situation. A feeling he was not used to.

"I know you are. But let me drive today and you can be the Passenger Princess. Please?"

Abhimanyu fisted his hands to his side, trying his best to remain calm, grasping at any shred of control he could muster. "Okay." He grit out, trying not to raise any red flags.

Akshara and Abhimanyu took their respective seats in the car, belting themselves in as Akshara turned on the ignition and put the car into drive. Abhimanyu tried his best to give up control. Giving up control wasn't the hard part. The hard part was convincing himself to give up control.

~*~

"Oh come on Akshara. Let's go. It looks boring. And it's so crowded too." Abhimanyu whined as soon as they entered the gates of the Summer Fair Fest.

"Come on Abhimanyu. Have you never been to a fair before? They are really fun."

Akshara didn't realize what she had just said until she felt Abhimanyu's grip loosen on her hand.