nine - welcome to your new home

Akshara scattered her arm out and waved it around the mattress, trying to feel Abhimanyu beside her. She opened her eyes and came across nothing but an empty side of the bed.

Earlier when she had woken up, she had excused his absence to being gone to the bathroom but now as she waved her hand across the indent on his side of the bed, all she felt was cold bedsheets. Bedsheets that felt as if the hadn't been slept on.

Where could he possibly be?

Feeling slightly hurt and angry at Abhimanyu's sudden disappearing act, she got up from the bed and went to the bathroom, grabbed a fluffy white robe and wrapped it around her body.

She was going to go look for Abhimanyu and give him a piece of her mind. Tell him exactly how hurt she was.

But most pertinently, question him about his whereabouts for the night.

As she walked out of the room, her feet automatically dragged her toward the commotion coming from the living room. Akshara stepped into the living room and came across a well-dressed ready-to-go-to-work Abhimanyu wearing a 3 piece navy suit. His hair was slicked back like always and his shoes were pristine, shiny, black —as always.

Abhimanyu Birla had an order in life for everything.

"You're awake." Abhimanyu mentioned softly,  as he put down cup of something —probably tea or coffee she guessed from the  —back down on the dining table in the adjoined kitchen.

She was supposed to be mad at him. Not walking towards him, with stars in her eyes, melting at the very look of his handsomeness.

As she went to go stand beside his chair, Abhimanyu wrapped his arm around her waist, pulling her towards him.

It was as if her body was on autopilot as she leaned into Abhimanyu, allowing him to place a soft kiss of sweet pleasure onto her awaiting and already swollen lips.

"Good morning. Come sit." He gestured her towards the vacant seat beside which she was standing.

"Where were you?" The words were nothing more than a mere whisper.

Abhimanyu glanced at her as if she was out of her mind. "What do you mean where was I?"

"When I woke up, you weren't there." She answered, innocently, hoping he wouldn't get angry at her for her questions.

"That's because I got ready and came down to do my breakfast. I have an early meeting at work."

"That's not what I meant." Akshara shook her head.

"Then what did you mean?" He questioned, trying to keep his voice level.

"You know what I mean." She pressed, hesitantly.

"No I don't, Akshara. Enlighten me." He replied, folding his hands and rest them on the table.

Akshara's eyes lowered in shame. She wasn't accusing him of anything. She was genuinely hurt. But why did Abhimanyu make her feel so guilty for feeling hurt?

"At night. After...after...we..." She felt her palms getting sweaty, and her nerves getting the best of her.

"Had sex." He finished for her, his face devoid of emotion.