eleven - calling trouble

Akshara tossed and turned in the bed, trying to fall asleep and get rest as Abhimanyu had asked her to.

But for some reason she couldn't. All she could do was think of what Abhimanyu had said before leaving. The birth control wasn't the issue. She knew it was better safe than sorry.

However it was the other thing he said that worried her. The "We'll take care of it," is what worried her. What did he mean by that? And till when? Did he even want kids?

Akshara! Stop thinking about things before they actually happen, her brain told her.

And it was true. She hadn't even thought about Abhimanyu until he had landed up in her life —the way he had. Out of the blue. Stopped by the traffic, in the pouring rain.

Akshara sighed, sitting up on the bed and wrapping the bathrobe tightly around herself. There was no way she was found to be able to sleep.

A knock sounded on the door.

"Come in."

Rosa stepped inside the room carrying a tray on a standing table and set it on the bed in front of Akshara.

"Abhimanyu sir ordered me to serve you breakfast before he left."

Akshara uncovered the plate to see her favourite masala poha along with a cup of black coffee. On cue, her stomach started to rumble —informing her of the hunger she didn't know she had until she saw the food.

She smiled thinking of Abhimanyu's thoughtfulness. He was aware of her needs before she was.

"Thank you so much, Rosa." Akshara replied, taking a sip of the morning coffee she needed very much.

"Ma'am, I needed to ask for your permission. I actually needed to ask Abhimanyu sir but I forgot."

"That's okay. What is it that you need?"

"I am out of produce and a few other things for the house so I just needed to run to the grocery store. It won't take more than two hours. I promise."

"No, of course. You go ahead, go to the store, get whatever it is you need done."

"Thank you Ma'am. I'll be back in 2 hours." She replied, gratefully.

"Please Rosa. This hardly requires a thank you. And take your time, okay? Don't rush."

"Yes Ma'am." Rosa replied, before closing the door behind her.

Akshara took another sip of her coffee before taking a bite of a big spoonful of poha. Akshara sighed satisfactorily just as the first bite of poha hit her throat. Starving. She had actually been starving.

~*~

Akshara dropped the breakfast tray in the sink and looked at the clock hanging in the kitchen to see it was 11:30am. Knowing that sleep was a thing of the past, Akshara walked into the main hall upon hearing unfamiliar sounds.

"This way. Gently!" Pia guided a group of workmen as they carried what looked like glass desks and glass cabinets into the house.

"Pia?" Akshara questioned unsurely, coming to a standstill near the living room couches.

"Akshara Ma'am!" Pia turned around to face Akshara worriedly. "I'm so sorry we disturbed you! We'll try to be quick!" She added quickly.

Akshara had no idea why Pia and Rosa were so afraid to talk to her. It's not as if she would bite them if they dared disturb her.

"No, that's totally fine but what are you guys doing anyway? What is all this furniture?"

"Abhimanyu sir asked us to bring in some cabinets and drawers and desks for your office art room. So you could set up your supplies." Pia explained.