Chapter Twenty-Five

Under the cloak of darkness, Taehyung and I left the castle and headed west. I needed to see Madame Ji-Sol. I know exactly what to do.

The ride was silent. I couldn't tell what Taehyung was thinking, but my mind was racing.

After an hour, we arrived. Her light was still on, so I hastily tied up Petunia and went to her door. I knocked a few times and then waited. My body was trembling ever so slightly.

"Oh! Young prince! Is everything okay? Why are you here so late!" She exclaimed, quickly pulling us into her home.

"This must be Taehyung?" She wondered, sitting us down in her living space. She began to brew us some hot tea.

"Yes," I answered. Taehyung had gone silent. "We're here because I desperately need your help."

"Have you gotten him pregnant?" She laughed.

"No... If that was possible, I'd hope not..." I forced a laugh back, "We have to fake his death."

"Oh...?" She set down the cups and turned to me. "Why, may I ask?"

"Our country... Is going to war. All able men are being drafted... And, and I just can't risk anything. I want to leave, Madame Ji-Sol. I want to run, and have to leave and never come back. I cannot be king." I lowered my head. Taehyung gently took my hand in his.

"Please. You're the only person who can save us." I pleaded.

"Well, you know I see you as a son, Young Prince. Therefore, I will help you.... How do you plan on executing this?"

For then on, we spent hours cultivating our plan. This would give us the best chance of getting Taehyung out of the sights and minds of anyone at the castle. And, best of all, he'd be hidden away here. She created a small space for him to stay.

She sent us off with a pail of pig's blood and we headed home. She'd be following soon after.

_____

Around 5am, I found myself laying in the meadow just outside of the front of the castle, covering the love of my life in pigs blood. He laid face-first in the tall grass, his white clothing stained well. Beside him, we laid a large stake of wood, which I also stained red. It was a disgusting, horrible stench, but it was worth the sacrifice.

Madame Ji-Sol would be here just after sunrise. The story is, that our servant (a friend of mine, aka Taehyung) had expressed to me that he was going to kill himself the night prior. So, I sent a message to have her summoned early that morning to see him.

I will easily be able to appear distraught. This is a terrible sight.

As the sun began to rise, I knew I had to part from him. I placed my hand on his head, having him roll his face to the side.

"I love you so much, Taehyung. I'll be back soon." I kissed his forehead softly, and then again on the lips.

"I love you too," he replied. I could tell he was terrified.

I washed myself up and silently snuck back up into my room.

Madame Ji-Sol arrived below my window only an hour or so later. I knew this was my moment. Across the field, I could see Taehyung's body, peacefully lying.

It looked too real.

Thankfully, this caused actual tears. All of my fears and anxieties came spilling out. I quickly went down to meet her. Nobody was awake yet. This is good.

However, they will be awake soon.

We talked for a minute, before heading up to my parents quarters. I was trembling from anxiety, it added to the effect nicely. I felt terrible, though. God, this is a horrible feeling.

She knocked, and slowly, my mother answered the door. Her eyes widened with shock as her gaze landed upon the both of us. Me, crying, especially. She hasn't seen me cry since I was young.

"Goodness! What's happened?" She exclaimed.

"Young Prince had me summoned... In concern for one of your servants. Who had expressed to him... and want to end their life." Madame Ji-Sol spoke slowly, with a sorrowful tone. "His friend, and your young servant, Taehyung... Has regretfully passed away."

My mother softened her gaze on me.

"Oh, darling." She expressed, placing her hand on my shoulder. I haven't seen compassion from her in a long, long time. I started to sob into my hands. It felt too real.

"He lays peacefully in the field, now. He appears to have taken his own life with a stake."

My father appeared in the doorway.

"What's going on?" He was groggy and appeared irritated.

"One of your servants had taken their life last night." She explained.

"Oh, I'll have the coroner summoned to collect the body." He replied and left the doorway. I wasn't expecting anything from him.

"If you don't mind... I'm willing to retrieve the body." Madame Ji-Sol said, "It isn't every day that I get to learn from a human cadaver. His life will be put to use for the betterment of medicine and my practices. I can pay you, if that's needed." She bowed respectfully.

"It's no worry. I'll let my husband know that you'll be retrieving his body." She nodded back, "My sorrows, Jungkook. Unfortunately, this has happened in the past. And it's likely to continue. Sometimes, it's a part of life." She patted my shoulder."

Madame Ji-Sol and I then turned and parted from my mother. We walked in silence down to the front entrance, and silently to the meadow where Taehyung laid.

I couldn't help but continue to cry at the sight. My heart was aching. I couldn't stand the look of it all.

Once we were out of sight, I knelt down. Taehyung had fallen asleep. I placed my hand on his back and whispered, "Taehyung, it's me."

His eyes opened slowly.

"We're good to go. I'm going to help Madame Ji-Sol load your body into the cart now. Just be limp, we've got you."

He hummed in acknowledgment.

Her and I carried his bloody body over to her carriage and placed him down softly.

"I'll see you soon, I promise. You're going to be safe with her. I trust her with my life."

"Okay, I trust you. Please be safe, Jungkook. Be so safe." He said, with pleading eyes. He held my hands tightly between his.

"Don't worry, darling. I'll be back soon." I kissed him once and watched them head back into the forest.