Chapter Seven

"How are you feeling?" My mother asked, leaning over me in my bed.

"I'm feeling much better, thank you." I replied, giving her a small smile. I wouldn't want them to call in a doctor. "The sickness went away after the first day. I possibly just ate something bad."

"That's probable. Glad you're feeling better." She said and felt my forehead. "You should get up and out of bed, then. Get moving around."

I nodded my head. She is in the mindset that I haven't left my bed for a while. When, in reality, I just threw myself into bed. Taehyung and I woke up later than expected. I had to sneak him downstairs as quick as humanly possible. I was only mere seconds behind my family. I might have been terrified, but I felt exhilarated the whole time.

"Are you hungry? I suggest you come have lunch with us. Your father would like to discuss somethings with you." She said and then exited the room. I laid there for a few more moments before sitting up and rolling back out of my bed.

I still have my shoes on.

I walked over to my window and peered out around the corner. From here I could see Taehyung working. I miss him already and we haven't even been apart for ten minutes.

Did I just say I miss him?

I just said I miss him.

I shook my bead to clear my thoughts and turned away. My stomach growled. I should go down and eat with them. But, I would like to avoid speaking with my father, though I know it's inevitable. 

I slipped on a new shirt and then left my room. I shuffled slowly, not wanting to be rushed in anyway- wanting to still appear to be a little sick.

"Would you like some hot soup, Prince?" A cook asked, passing by me at the table. I arrived shortly after my mother and little brother. Nobody spoke, except my brother who was babbling on about something that had no purpose.

"Yes, please," I said. My leg was bouncing up and down anxiously. I tried to suppress it, but that really just made it worse.

My father entered the room and my mouth clamped shut. I don't like discussing war, and I know that's what he is going to speak with me about. I know it's coming; war in somewhat avoidable, but battle is inevitable.

I ate my soup in silence, rising quickly once I finished. Maybe I can skip out without my father ting anything to me. Maybe he'll want to talk another day.

My father cleared his throat and I froze, "Jungkook, please hang back. I want to talk with you."

I sighed internally and turned back.

"Everything okay?" Taehyung asked, seeing the bummed look on my face.

"My dad gave me hours of lessons today on war and battle. It was all repetitive and depressing. But I had to listen to all of it."

"Aw, I'm sorry." Taehyung said and pulled me into a hug. He knows I dislike unrest. I'm peaceful, I have a peaceful mindset. I don't like the thought of anything remotely negative.

"I don't want to have to deal with this," I shook my head, "my father is going to make things worse because he's cold, he doesn't have empathy. And then it'll become my problem."

"Don't worry about that right now," Taehyung said, "That's not going to be for a long time."

"I hope so." I slumped down against the brick wall.

"There's something else bothering you, huh?" He said, kneeling down in front of me. To be honest, there is something else on my mind. But I wouldn't necessarily say that it's bothering me, per se. I just don't know how to understand it.

I shook my head, "It's not bothering me, just on my mind."

"Aw, okay, if you wanna talk about it, you can. You know I won't judge." He chuckled. "But I will say that you need to go back inside. You're not home alone anymore. Don't get into any trouble." He grabbed my hand and pulled me back to my feet.

"I don't wanna go back inside. It's lonely."

"I know, I know. But I'll see you tomorrow if you can, alright?" Taehyung patted my arm and turned me towards the back entrance to the castle.

I grumbled, but complied.

"Alright. Goodnight, Jungkook." He said, but this time his voice was different. He hugged me once more, but this time he kissed my cheek. "That was to make you feel better." He smiled, then patted that same cheek with his hand.

"Goodnight, Tae." I waved goodbye and disappeared back into the castle. The darkness of night cloaked my burning, and probably red, face.

I went directly to my mothers quarters, where I asked, "Will you put in a summon for Madame Ji-Sol? For early tomorrow?"

"Yes, why?"

"I was meeting with her about possibly taking some lessons in Astrology," I lied, "and would like to catch up again."

"Sounds good, I will let the messenger know." She nodded and I left the room. My hands and legs shook as I walked slowly back to my room. Taehyung's little gesture did make me feel better, and his action is not why I feel so panicked.

I've been having feelings lately. Strong feelings. Feelings stronger than how we both felt like he and I had met before, stronger than my urge to always be around him.

I just need to talk to Madame Ji-Sol. She'll know how to sort my thoughts out, she always does.