Chapter Twelve

Having to be away from the castle was like being torn away from my only source of happiness. And when you think about it, that's exactly what happened. My father is bringing me on a three day retreat to the north side to meet with other princes, kings, queens, and princesses.

I barely had enough time to say goodbye to Taehyung. I snuck out the back for a few seconds before my father was calling my name. I was only able to explain that I'd be gone for a while before I was torn back away. I guess getting there was urgent. We couldn't spare any time.

I was going to tell Taehyung how I felt. But now I can't because I'm not with him, I'm hours away. Maybe it's a sign. A sign that telling him isn't a good idea. Madame Ji-Sol tells me to trust the way things happen and listen to what the universe has to say.

But he's all I can think about. He's always on my mind. While I'm eating, sleeping, talking with my father, or watching my little brother. It gets to be overwhelming sometimes, to have a person always in the front of your thoughts.

But, in a professional setting, it's best to not be distracted. So, for the time being, I have to clear him away.

The wagon ride was slow and rough, boring, and tiring. I wanted to take a nap, but my father didn't allow it. He wanted me alert.

After seemingly endless hours, I began to see the beginnings of a city. I've been here before, just don't remember it much. I watched out the window as people parted to let us through, knowing this was a royalty transport.

I groaned internally.

It's going to be a long few days.