Chapter 15 : Vision

Later Steve and Alex in his Suit climbed onto the roof of a building on their was to Cho's lab with Clint and Nat in the jet behind them.

"Two minutes" Steve said "Stay close"

"Copy that Cap" Alex said.

Later the two men made their way to Cho's lad and saw that the entire staff was dead.

"And he accuses me of being a killer?" Alex said.

"Dr. Cho!" Steve said running up to Cho seeing that she was alive.

"He's uploading himself into the body" Cho panted in pain.

"Where?" Steve asked.

"I don't know" Cho said "The real power is inside the Cradle. The gem."

"A gem, was it yellow?" Alex asked as Cho nodded weakly.

"It's power is uncontainable......" She said "You can't just blow it up. You have to get the Cradle to Stark"

"First we have to find it" Steve said as he contacted Nat and Clint. "Did you guys copy that?"

"We did" Clint replied.

"I got a private jet taking off across town" Nat said "No manifest"

"Ultron wouldn't need a jet Nat" Alex said "It would be too obvious"

"A truck from the lab right above you guys" Clint said

"On the loop by the bridge. It's them, you got three with the Cradle, one in the cab. I could take out the driver"

"Negative" Steve said climbing a ladder with Alex climbing the wall

"That truck crashes the gem could level the city"

"Cap and I will draw Ultron's attention" Alex said

"You two be our eyes in the sky and wait for our signal"

Steve and Alex saw the truck heading their way as they jump on top of it. The they tried to open the back door.

"Leave me alone!" Ultron said as he blasted the door open.

"Well we definitely got his attention!" Alex said trying to hang to the swinging door then started to fly.

Ultron sent a magnetic blast sending Steve flying while Alex climbed up onto the roof.

"You know what's in that Cradle?" Ultron asked as he landed in front of the Avenger.

"The power to make real change and that terrifies you"

"Well I happen to like my planet the way it is" Alex growled as his arm turned into blades. "With people on it!"

Alex charged at Ultron slashing the large robot while Ultron blocked each attack and blasted Alex with an energy beam knocking him down.

"You're really starting to piss me off!" Alex said as he blasted Ultron with his own energy beam knocking the robot down.

"The feeling is mutual!" Ultron growled as the two kept on fighting.

Alex then formed a spike ball with his hand and punched Ultron in the face.

"Stop it!" Ultron said.

"You first Tin man!" Alex said as he kicked Ultron in the face. Just then Clint started shoot out the Ultron making his gaurds fly after him.

Nat drove in on her bike with Steve riding on the back. He then jumped up onto the truck and helped Alex fight the robot.

"Nice of you to finally join us" Alex said punching Ultron in the face.

"Traffic was a nightmare" Steve said throwing his shield at Ultron.

Ultron then tackled the two heroes into a subway train full of passengers. The three of them kept fight while at the same time the two Avengers were protecting the people.

"I'm going in" Nat said over the coms." Cap,

"Alex can you keep him occupied?"

"What the hell do you think we've been doing Romanoff!?" Alex shouted while fighting Ultron.

Just then a silver blur tackled Ultron while red streams of energy stopped him in his tracks.

Alex looked as saw the Maximoff twin which him smile.

"Please, don't do this" Ultron pleaded

"What choice do we have?" Wanda asked.

"Looks like you're all alone Ultron" Alex growled.

Ultron then sent a blast at the cockpit which killed the conductor and the controls as he flew away.

"Son of a bitch, this thing is out of control now!" Alex said.

"What do we do!?" Steve asked

Alex took a moment to think until he had an idea.

"Pietro, run ahead and get civilians out of the way!" Alex said as Pietro ran out. "Wanda use your magic to to stop the wheels"

"What about you?" Wanda asked.

"I'm gonna stop this thing manually"

Alex said a he flew out the train and landed a few feet in front of the train. The train rain into him hard but used all the strength he had to slow the train down using the power of cosmic cube to slow the train while Wanda used her magic to stop the wheels until it slowly came to s screeching halt.

Alex took a moment to catch his breath. He then made his way the twins as he turned back to normal.

The twins looked up at him. Wanda then blushed at the sight of him.

"I knew you two would make the right choice" Alex said smiling
"You ok Pietro?"

"Yeah.....I'm fine" Pietro said trying to catch his breath. "I just need a minute"

"I'm very tempted not to give you one" Steve said walking toward the three younger adults.

"Take it easy Steve" Alex said getting between the twins and Steve. "They helped saved alot of lives today"

"They also-" Steve said

"It doesn't matter what they did then!" Alex said raising his voice. "What matters is what they're doing now so just back off old man!"

Wanda couldn't help but smile at the fact that Alex was defending them. Then her smile turned into a frown.

"The Cradle" She said "Did you get it"

"Stark will take care of it" Steve told her.

"No he won't" Wanda said.

"Look Wanda, I know you and your brother have beef with Stark but he's not all bad" Alex said

"He will do anything to make things right" Wanda said facing him.

"Ultron can't tell the difference between saving the world and destroying it. Where do you think he gets that?"

Alex then took a moment to think about what Wanda said and then looked her straight in the eyes.

"What do you suggest we do?" He asked.
______________________________________