chapter 13 : The Twins

After Ultron attacked the Avengers went to check if he had taken anything and he did...... the Scepter.

"All our work is gone" Bruce said "Ultron cleared out. He used the internet as an escape hatch"

"He's been in everything" Nat said "Files, surveillance. Probably knows more about us than we know about each other"

"Which means he knows about our weaknesses and disadvantages" Alex groaned "Great......."

"He's in our files, he's in the Internet" Rhodey said "What if he decides to access something a little more exciting?"

"Nuclear codes" Alex said

"Nuclear code" Rhodey repeated "Look we need to make some calls, assuming we still can"

"Too risky" Alex said "If he's traveling through the internet he might be able to trace the calls and stop them from going through"

"Alex's right" Nat said "What about Nukes? He said he wanted us all dead"

"He didn't say 'dead. He said 'extinct'" Steve said.

"He also said he killed someone" Clint said

"There wasn't anyone else in the building" Maria said.

"Yes there was" Tony said pulling up an orange holographic sphere that looked absolutely shattered. It was Jarvis......or what was left of him.

"What? This is insane" Bruce said.

"Jarvis was the first line of defence" Steve said

"Which means he would have shut Ultron down" Alex said "That makes sense"

"No. Ultron could've assimilated Jarvis" Bruce said "This isn't strategy. This is.......rage"

Just then Thor came stomping into the room and grabbed Tony by the throat then lifted him up in the air. 

"It's goings around" Clint said

"Come on, use your words buddy" Tony choked.

"I have more than enough words to describe you Stark" Thor growled.

"Thor! The Leigonnaire." Steve said as Thor released Tony.

"Trail went cold about 100 miles out, but it's headed north" He said "And it has the Scepter. Now we have to retrieve it, again"

"I told you we should've destroyed the damn thing when we had the chance" Alex said as he angrily smacked his water bottle off the table and shouted.
"Now, it's in the hands of another Pyschopath who we know nothing about it and is planning to do God knows what with it!"

"I don't understand" Cho said looking at the destroyed Leigonnaire and the back at the Avengers. "You built this program. Why is it trying to kill us?"

Just then Tony started chuckling while the other's looked at him completely confused.

"Oh I'm sorry, is the idea of a program you made killing us all suddenly funny to you Stark?" Alex growled.

"No" Tony replied looking at the younger man "It's probably not right? This is very terrible. Is it so...... it's it so......It is. It's so terrible."

"This could've been avoided if you hadn't played with something you don't understand" Thor said.

"No. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." Tony said to Thor "It is funny. It's a hoot that you don't get why we need this."

"Tony, maybe this is not be the time" Bruce said.

"Really? That's it" Tony said turning to him. "You just role over, show your belly very time someone snarls?"

"Only when I've created a murder bot" Bruce said.