Chapter 38 : New recruits

The three fugitives waited in the small car as Steve talked with Sharon Carter outside. She had retrieved Steve's and Sam's belongings.    

"Can you move your seat up?" Bucky asked Sam, who was in the passenger's seat.    

"No."    

Bucky looked over at Alex, who simply shrugged. He picked the seat behind Steve for a reason.    

Outside, Steve looked in the trunk and saw his stuff. He was grateful that Sharon had his back.   

"I owe you again." He said.    

"Keeping a list." She replied, then looked over at the car. She saw Bucky.    

"You know he tried to kill me?"    

"Sorry, I'll put it on the list, too."

Sam sighed at him and turned to Alex
“So what about Peitro? “ Sam

“He is on board although I had to convince him that it was not a trap “ Alex

Sam nodded at his response .
Outside the car Steve was speaking to sharon

Two shared a laugh, then Steve looked down, "They're going to come look for you."    

"I know."    

He looked back up at her, "Thank you, Sharon."    

There was tension between them, and Rogers didn't hesitate to cut it by kissing Sharon.    

"That was..." Sharon parted and began to speak.    

"Late." Steve chuckled.    

"Damn right." Sharon laughed, "I gotta go."    

Steve nodded, and Sharon went back into her car. Steve looked to his right, and saw his three friends smiling at him.    

"You think that was his first kiss since waking up from the ice?" Sam asked.    

"Definitely." Bucky answered.    

"Nah, he kissed Nat before." Alex chimed in.    

Sam looked back at Alex, "Huh?"

• • •

Steve, Bucky, Sam, and Alex arrived at the airport parking structure. The parked near a van on the B6 level, and got out of the car.    

Clint and Wanda exited the van. Steve walked up to the retired Avenger.    

"Cap."