Chapter 21 : The Birthday

Rogers looked good for a 97 year old, which he can thank being frozen for almost seven decades for.

Steve's birthday celebration last year was a mess. Tony wanted to do the planning himself, which Natasha should've known right away would be a bad idea.

He had the tower decorated to look like the early 40s and everybody wore clothes from that era. Steve's face when he arrived said it all, but forced a smile throughout the party to show appreciation for Stark's attempt.

Rogers thanked everybody afterwards, but said he'd like to keep adapting to the current world and not re-live his early days.

Who could've blamed him? He didn't want to remember the times he fought against a Nazi dictator and lost his chance to be with Peggy Carter.

This time, Natasha decided to do the planning. Steve liked simple things, and with her knowing Steve very well, wanted to do a simple party. Sam also brought up the idea of getting some Independence Day decorations, since it was July 4th after all.

Alex was in charge of setting up the decorations in the main lounge. The things he needed were delivered to the facility, and he went outside the building to get the boxes from the FedEx delivery man.

"Wow...you're the Titan." The older man said in awe as Alex signed the form on his clipboard.

"You're actually one of the few to remember that name." He chuckled, still looking down at the paper.

"Is Captain America here? Can he sign something for me...I mean...my...son?"

"He's not here at the moment...but I'm sure he'll send you something if you give me an address. He won't mind."

"Really?" The man grabbed his notepad from his pocket, and fumbled with it. He quickly began writing in it, which was when Wanda walked out.

"Need any help?" She asked Alex.

The FedEx employee-slash-Avengers superfan looked up as he held the piece of paper in his hand,

"You're new...who are you?"

"What? You don't know..." ALEX looked back, thinking of what interesting hero name to call her,

"The...Crimson Sorceress?"

Wanda rolled her eyes.

"I haven't...but that's a cool name!"

The employee replied.

"I actually haven't named myself, as a matter of fact." Wanda walked closer to the two.

"Nothing will ever beat my name for you." Alec cut in.

The delivery man handed ALEX the paper, and began walking back to his truck.

"It's been an honor delivering to you. Have a nice day."

The driver started to walk away when Alex asked

"Hey do I know you ? I mean did we every meet ?" Alex

The driver turned around and said with a smile.