Chapter 36 : Records

Steve went to london to attend Peggy Carter's funeral. Sam,Alex,Peitro and Natasha tagged along, supporting their fellow Avenger and friend.

Once it was over, Steve stayed behind in the church, in his thoughts and looking at the picture of his late lover.

Alex and Natasha walked up to Steve. He turned around and noticed his two friends.

"When I came out of the ice, I thought everyone I had known was gone."

Steve looked back at Peggy's picture,

"Then I found out she was alive. I was just lucky to have her."

"She had you back, too." Alex replied.
Steve sighed, choosing to change the subject. "Did you sign?"

Alex had his hands in his pockets.

He actually did sign, agreeing with Vision and Tony. He thought about it in his sleep.

Although Peitro doesn't like it and ignored him from then , but Alex thought it'd be best for the team...and for Wanda.

With the accords, he hoped the government and people of the world will begin to trust her, and not fear her anymore. He wanted them to see her as the hero he sees her as.

"I am going to "

"Anybody else?"

"Tony, Rhodey, Vision." Natasha answered. She had also signed.

"Clint?" Steve asked.

"Says he's retired."

"Lucky son of a bitch doesn't have to deal with this mess." Alex remarked with a smirk

"Wanda?"

Alex sighed, "To be determined." He hoped she can agree with him but he won't force her in anyway it her decision to make and he would support her .

"I'm off to Vienna for the signing of the Accords. There's plenty of room on the jet."

Natasha offered to Steve, hoping he'd change his mind and sign as well.

Alex already had his mind set on going back to the Avengers compound he didn't want to deal with all the political stuff.

Steve sighed, and Natasha noticed his reluctance.

"Just because it's the path of least resistance doesn't mean it's the wrong path. Staying together is more important than how we stay together." She added.

"What are we giving up to do it?"

Alex sighed, understanding where Steve is coming from.

"I'm sorry. I can't sign it."

"We know." Natasha replied.

"Then what are you two doing here?"

"We didn't want you to be alone." Alex answered.

Steve gave a nod, and embraced the two.

• • •