chapter 14 : Safe house

Later the Avengers were in their jet flying to an unknown location after suffering a heavy loss. Especially since Wanda got inside Bruce's head which made him cause so much destruction.

Alex was sitting by himself think about what happened with Wanda and the last two words she had said to him.

"I'm sorry"

Granted Alex was not happy with what she did but he couldn't stay mad at her. As he kept thinking about her he got that same warm feeling from before when they first encountered each other at the Hydra base.

"What's wrong with me?" Alex thought to himself.

"Kid" a voice said in front of him.

Alex looked up and saw Steve standing in front of him.

"You coming?" Steve asked.

"Where?" Alex asked.

"We landed at the Safe House Barton was talking about" Steve said "You coming or not?"

"Yeah....." Alex said.

The Avengers walked outside the jet and saw a nice little country house. Alex smiled because he knew exactly where they were as the walked onto the porch and entered the house.

"What is this place?" Thor asked.

"Safe house?" Tony replied unsure himself.

"It's more than that" Alex said.

"How do you know?" Steve asked

"You'll see" Alex said as they stepped inside the house.

"Honey?" Clint called out making everyone expect Nat and Alex confused "I'm home"

Just then a pregnant woman in her late 20's possibly early 30's entered the living room with a smile on her face.

"Hi, company. Sorry, didn't call ahead" Clint said to the woman while giving her a kiss.

"This is an agent of some kind" Tony said.

"Gentlemen, This is Laura" Clint introduced the woman.

"I know all your names" Laura said chuckling.

Just then tiny footsteps were heard running towards them revealed to be a boy and girl.

"Incoming" Clint said as he picked up the girl and hugged the boy.

"These are smaller agents" Tony said.

"Yeah they sure are Stark" Alex said sarcastically.

"Did you bring Auntie Nat and brother Alex?" The girl named Lila asked.

"Why don't you hug them and find out?" Nat said as Lila ran into her arms and hugged her.

"Hey Cooper" Alex said hugging the boy. "Wow, you've gotten tall kiddo"

"I'm almost 5 feet" Cooper said.

"Is that right?" Alex said as Cooper nodded the he turned to Lila as he picked her up from Nat. "And how's my little princess doing?"

"I'm good" Lila said smiling "I lost another tooth"

"Really, how much did you get for that one?" Alex asked.

"One dollar" Lila said smiling.

"Wow, that's amazing sweetie" Alex said.

"Sorry for barging in on you like this" Steve said.

"Yeah, would've called ahead but we were busy having no idea that you existed" Tony said.

"Yeah well, Fury helped me set this up when I joined." Clint said "He kept it off S.H.I.E.L.D's files. I'd like to keep it that way. I figured it's a good place to lay low"