Chapter 37 : Escape

Titan arrived at the wrong time. It's been a couple hours since Bucky Barnes escaped custody. Steve Rogers and Sam Wilson were also at large. Everybody in Berlin was on high alert.    

Alex was at the JCTC and saw agents frantically running around. Tony was in a conference room, sitting down and recovering from the event.    

"Tony? I heard about what happened."

Alex walked into the room and closed the door. Tony rubbed his head and faced him, Alex noticed the black eye and cuts he had.   

"Yeah. Super soldier escapes custody. Then his super soldier buddy tries to go after him, only to go off the grid along with his wingman. Splendid."    

Tony got up and walked over to the young man, patting his shoulder.    

"What brings you here? Everything fine back at the compound? Wanda?   

"That's why I'm here, Tony. I want to talk about her."    

Tony nodded and sat at the table. Alex stayed standing up.    

"What happened?" He asked.    

"These restrictions. You can't be serious." Alex answered.    

Tony sighed and knew what he was talking about. "You have to understand. This is for safety reasons."    

"Safety reasons? She's not going to blow up a bus on the way to the store, Tony."  Alex

"How could you be so sure?"  Tony

Tony said that in his classic Stark tone, which kind of angered Alex    

"Really are you serious right now , Tony. Why the hell would you ask that."    

"Look, I'm sorry. That came out wrong."

He tapped on the table

"We're just keeping her there until all this gets settled. Okay?"    

"This is interment. You can't keep her locked away like some...fairytale princess."    

Tony laughed, "That fairytale princess has a pool, a lounge, a basketball court, and a theater. There's worse ways to protect people."    

"Protection? Is that how you see this?"

Alex's tone raised, which caused Tony to do the same.    

He hated how he was going through a similar argument like he had with Steve earlier that day.    

"She's not a citizen, Alex—"   

"What did you just say Tony.!"    

"And they don't grant visas to weapons of mass destruction!"    

Alex looked at Tony. He never thought he'd ever hear him say something like that, especially about Wanda.    

He didn't want people to see her as a weapon, and that's basically how Tony saw it. Alex looked down as Tony finished his statement.    

"I'm doing what has to be done. To stave of something worse."    

Alex scoffed, and looked at the former Avenger. "You made me believe, Stark. I thought this would be best for all of us."    

He walked over to the door, and put his hand on the handle. He looked back at Tony.    

"Consider me off the Accords."    

"You already signed it."    

"Get some whiteout or some shit, figure it out."    

Alex  left the room. Tony sat there, rubbing his temple in frustration.