Chapter 31 :Birthday party

Wanda woke up feeling the sensation of fingers running down the skin of her neck. Bewildered at first, she turned around to face Alex. She smiled, remembering how she spent the night in his room. She was greeted with my smile by her boyfriend, who noticed the excitement in her eyes.

"Happy birthday, darling." He whispered, leaning in to kiss her forehead.

"Thank you. You're so sweet." She whispered back, still in a sleepy state.

It was the middle of January, and Alex had been waiting for this day .He wanted her to feel special. He was willing to anything.

The two did their usual morning routine, and Wanda grabbed one of sweatshirts from Alex's closet.

"Everyone's out today, right?" She asked.

"Correct, madam. Seems like we have the compound to ourselves."

Alex went over to Wanda and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"What do you want to do today?"

"A movie with me in your arms would be enough for me."

"We'll add that to the list." Alec said, and then thought of another idea,

"The pantry is loaded. How about we make a cake?"

"You? Baking?" Wanda giggled.

"I can spectate if you want." He laughed, before planting another kiss on Wanda's lips.

• • •

The couple spent the next few hours in each other's company. They ate breakfast, watched a movie, and nestled together when the wanted.

Alex was in the kitchen starting to make the cake, convincing Wanda that he was going to do it right. After a while of setting up ingredients and preparing, Wanda got off the couch and walked over to the counter. She wrapped her arms around his torso.

"That cake is taking all the attention." Wanda mumbled against his shoulder.

"The perfect cake needs attention."

"Just leave it, give me attention."

"But I have-"

"Please."

She started kissing his neck and in a haste he tried to turn around, knocking over the container of flour. It got all over the couple, who laughed at the situation.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry." Alex said in between laughter. Wanda started wiping flour off his face.

"Apology accepted, Casper the friendly ghost."

Alex groaned at her joke, "I'm no ghost."

"Says the guy who calls himself Titan "

Alex chuckled and brought her closer,

"Well I can become invisible now...and became intangible...so yeah, you win."

Their lips met again, the two passionately kissing once more. Alex's hands ran along Wanda's waist, and would've done more if it wasn't for the sudden sound of a cough nearby.

The two jumped and looked over at the rest of the Avengers team by the door of the lounge, all in causal wear.

"My, my...what a mess." Natasha chuckled, looking over at the flour-covered countertop.

"I thought you guys had things to do?" Alex asked them.

"Getting my hair done doesn't take that long." Nat replied.

"Excuse me I have to go and throw up" Peitro said as he vanished from there with super speed which made Alex roll his eyes

"DMV let me cut the line once they saw me." Rhodey added.

"The new parts for Redwing aren't coming until tomorrow." Sam said.

"My flight to London got cancelled." Steve cut in.

"...I've been here this whole time." Vision responded.

Sam walked over to Wanda and gave her a hug, wishing her a happy birthday.

"You have Alex baking you a cake? You trying to burn the compound down?" Sam joked.

"Haha very funny sats the guy who can make mac and cheese" Alex replied. "And This was going to come out good, I swear."

"Well, now that we're all free. How about we do something together? If that's okay with you, Wanda." Steve asked the redhead.

Wanda smiled, looking at the team in front her. They weren't just a team, but they were friends.

Even more than that, they were family.

Wanda wrapped her arms around Alex's waist, and he put an arm around her shoulder. He was more than fine on giving up this attempt at baking.

"That'd be great." Wanda answered.

• • •

The day went by with the Avengers having a great time . They all celebrated Wanda's birthday at the compound, with music playing, food being eaten, and games being played.

Steve had a blast telling stories and hearing jokes. Him and Sam were the ones that laughed the most.

Rhodey finally got one of his stories to hit, garnering awes and laughs from the team.

Vision had a great time as well. He looked at the plate of food on the table, wondering how it would taste.

Natasha had drinks with Wanda, making sure to treat her like the guest of honor. She did have a knack of throwing good parties like this.

The most funny thing was when Peitro was drunk and started to dance and as he tried to attack Alex , which he failed to .

The only thing missing was the party demon himself, Tony Stark, who was currently on a business trip.

Aside from that, Alex appreciated how the team helped make Wanda's day a special one. He was fortunate to have them by his side.

Once the night finished and the lounge was cleaned up, everybody called it in for the night. Alex walked with Wanda down the hallway towards her room. He had his arm around her.

"Did tonight go well?" He asked her.

"Of course. It was great."

They stopped by her door and Alex held her hands. "That's all I wanted. For you to have one of the best days."

Wanda smiled, and caressed the top of his hands with her thumbs.

"I'll let you sleep. Good night." Alex said softly, and leaned in to kiss her.

They shared a tender kiss, which lead into a more passionate one. Wanda grabbed the back of Alex's neck and pulled him closer. Her sudden movement caused him to press her against the door, but she didn't mind.

Wanda parted, her hands still grabbing onto the back of his neck. Their faces were mere inches away from each other as they caught their breaths.

"Spend the night with me, please." Wanda said in a seductive tone. She wanted him. She needed him.

Alex simply gave a quick nod, and continued kissing her. He opened the bedroom door amidst the embrace, and quickly shut it once they made it in.

_________________________

The next chapter will be the start of the main story .

How do you feel about this chapter.

Comment which side Alex will join ??

(Vote share and comment any suggestions to make the story better)