Chapter 20 : Sitcom

Wanda could baraley sleep. She's been having the same nightmare for the past couple weeks now, and she knew it'd be a hassle to get any more sleep for the rest of the night.

She made her way to the living area, sitting down on the couch in front of the large television. Maybe some TV would clear her head a bit.

Fortunately, Tony went all out with the entrainment at the facility. She could watch all the reruns of her favorite sitcoms at the click of a button.

The witch sat cross-legged on the sofa, simultaneously in her thoughts and watching the show.

"You're awake?" A voice softly called out from the hallway. Startled, Wanda looked back to see Alex in his casual sleepwear.

"You scared me" She laughed, which got a chuckle out of her fellow avenger and friend.

"Sorry. I have a knack of doing that. Are you alright, though?" Alex apologized, and went over to the sofa.

"Couldn't sleep." Wanda patted the cushion near her, in which Alex sat down.

Alex gave a nod, "Nightmares?"

"The same one...every night." Wanda replied, looking at the floor.

It was always the time about her accident in sokovia when see was little a bomb hit her house killing her parents and the second one didnt blow up but it was infront of her and her brother for two days and the name on the missile was 'Stark industry' she just gets that time as nightmare everyday it got worst after the experiment and more after sokovia, She always thought of how things could've played differently.

Alex didn't know the extent of her nightmares, but understood it was of her past

Wanda didn't have any family left except her brother, and Alex was sympathetic. He remembered how he felt when he first lost his parents, but Alex had somebody...the avengers

They never really judged him they helped him to find all the victims he hurt or atlest there families , he helped them as much as he could.

Alex wanted to make Wanda as comfortable as possible. He wanted her to know that the Avengers were there for her...that he was there.

They were all family.

"What are you doing awake?" Wanda asked, snapping Alex out of his thoughts.

"I get thirsty around this time." Alex tried to nonchalantly say, althought it was a lie

he started looking back at the fridge in the kitchen. "I was about to get something to drink."

"Is that weird looking liquid in the pitcher yours?" Wanda asked, remembering what she saw last night.

"It's a recipe I found online. It helps keep you energized." Alex explained.

"But I swear I was just going to get water right now."

The former agent looked at the television, seeing the program she was watching. It was a rerun of Malcolm in the Middle.