13|of heart flutters and aches

She looks at the video of cats on YouTube while painting her nails. She pursed her lips when she couldn't apply it properly on her right hand.

"Let's go". She heard her husband say as he stands in front of her

She frowns, raising her head to look at him, "Go where?"

He shows her the key to his car, "You wanted to learn how to drive. So, so I will teach you".

"Don't you have work?" She asked because it was just past eleven and he should be in the office like usual

He shrugged, "I am the owner".

"The perk". She said rolling her eyes

"You have them too".

"What?"

"You have the perk of being the owner's wife".

"What might that be?"

He bends a little towards her and her breathing hitched, "Anything and everything you want will be yours".

She nodded as he leaned back, "I have to color my nails before that. I have a photoshoot for your magazine tomorrow".

"So, what seems to be the problem?"

"The problem is I am right-handed. When I try to apply from my left hand on my right hand, it becomes messy". She grumbles

He raises an eyebrow at her grumbling. More so at his reaction to finding it endearing.

He takes the nail polish from her hand sitting in front of her as he takes her hand.

"What are you doing?"

"Applying nail polish". He takes a new coat as he narrows his eyes in concentration

"Do you even know how?" She bites her lips to hide the smile that was trying to form on her lips

"I have a mother and a sister, love. Of course, I know".

There goes her heart again.

She took a deep breath looking at his features as he carefully applied the nail polish. She doesn't even care if he messes it up. She will still like it.

"Why are you watching cat videos?"

"I always wanted to have one. And these videos are the only good thing in the world that makes me happy".

"I don't make you happy?"

No. You make me feel so much more. Were the exact words she wanted to say yet she didn't.

He closes the container of nail polish after he was done standing and stretching which made his muscles bulge and she couldn't even look away. She remembers yesterday when he saved her from that driver, reporters, and all the crowd.