Party Girl Part 3

After that kiss with Jyestha, I found out about our origins. My mother used to work as a maid for her family. Sometimes, my mother had to bring me over because there was no one to look after me. And whenever she did, the youngest child of the couple my mother worked for, played with me. We were inseparable in my eyes. I loved her.

But my mother became sick, so she had to leave work for good. That meant to leave Jyestha for good. I wasn't aware of the seriousness of the situation back then, I was just a kid. I thought we'd play around, be together forever, but after awhile I forgot everything about Jyestha's family. We promised to marry each other, but even that I have no longer thought of.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mary decided to go shopping because Tyler, who is now in an O.K. state, is throwing a pool party and she needs a new bikini. "Oh my god! Look at this, Lyra! It's so cute! I will buy this one or wait, no, should I buy the pink version? I'm not sure." As Mary's eyes sparkle at every new bikini she finds, my mind wanders off to another place.

Every touch, every exhale, every time our eyes' locked... I remember everything. It has been a week since that day. The only thing that replays in my head is her mouth on mine, her hand placed on my waist, pulling me closer. As she pushes a strand of my hair back to cup my cheek, to look me in the eyes. I can feel-
"Lyra!" A feminine voice breaks me out of my trance. Mary looks at me furiously. Shit.

"God, what's up with you these days? I've been calling your name for like what? 5 times already. I didn't take you with me for you to be my bag holder."
This is embarrassing. So fucking embarrassing. "Yeah, my bad. So, what were you saying?"
Mary stays quiet for a moment. I can tell that she wants to question me, but that didn't work last time and she knows it won't work this time either. So, she sighs, "Pink or Black?" She holds up the same bikini in different colors in each hand.

Mary is a beautiful girl. Smooth skin, long legs and beautiful long curly hair. Her eyes are a beautiful shade of grey, kind of blueish. Any man would be proud to present her as their girlfriend. "Black makes your eyes stand out more." I place my hand on my hip. "Right! I'm so glad to have you as my friend, LyLy!" Mary throws herself at me, rubbing our cheeks on each other.

As I continue following Mary through the store, my eyes stick to one specific bikini. Its top is only a little fabric and the bottom resembles a thong and yet, even though I would never wear something like this, I want it. I might look like I'm open to these kind of things just because I like to party, but actually I hate showing strangers my body. It's weird to know that someone I don't know is seeing me half naked.

Will Jyestha be there? Even if she would be, I still wouldn't wear this. It's not like I would ever buy something just to impress someone. That's ridiculous. Hands grab my shoulders causing me to shriek. I look behind to find Mary smirking at me. "You're going to buy and wear it."
"No." I cross my arms, not daring to look into Mary's eyes.
"Come on! You have to show off what you got, don't be a bore!"
"No."

In the end, I left the store with the wine red version of so called bikini. Mary said red suits my tanned skin, my dirty wavy blonde hair the most. I can't believe she gets her way every time. Mary and I parted ways because I had forgotten something in my studio. Dark has already settled in, making the stars visible. I take out my phone to text Mary.

Me: You home yet?
Mary: In a few. Are you good? Why did I let you convince me to go home?
Me: I'm not a kid anymore plus your nose was running. You're so sensitive to chilly weather.
Mary: Shut up or I'll eat the leftovers from the cake we bought yesterday.
Me: Then I'll just buy myself a new one.
Mary: Oh yeah? And when will you do that? The shop is closed tomorrow and look at the time, I don't think they're out there baking at 10pm just for you.