Whatever It Takes Part 2

"How did you guys happen? I mean, couple goals, obvi. But we want to hear everything!"
My teammates are all lined up at my lunch table, waiting expectantly for me to reveal how this man sitting next to me became my (fake) boyfriend. Meeting their expectations, I put on my most irresistible doe eyed expression and hold onto Derek's hand gently.
"Should I tell them or do you want to go first?" I put on a soft smile, hoping he'll actually play along this time.

Yesterday we were walking down the hallway together and he looked like a kid being dragged by their parents to some family gathering. I was obviously all over his arm but he was just looking at his phone playing fucking sudoku. I mean he was hesitant to accept my deal the other day but then he hit me up, tells me he wants to make this happen and then he barely tries. We have to make sure everyone believes in what they're seeing but it seems Mr. Boyfriend couldn't care less.

"I don't mind." And then he digs back into his meal, ignoring the crowd in front of him. Fucking idiot.
"Don't pay any attention to him, girlies. He is a tough shell to crack. Honestly," I start, "I never thought I'd actually crack that hard shell of his. It was just another rainy day and I happened to forget my umbrella."
"And then?" I can literally see the stars in their eyes jumping out of excitement. Goodness.
"And then I obviously had to wait in front of the school for it to stop because my car was at home for a wheel change. But," I snuggle myself up into Derek's lap, "he was coming out of the school asking me if I needed a ride and the rest... well, the rest is a private matter."

To make sure that they're buying it, I peck his cheek and look at his face all love eyed. Suddenly my teammates screech and giggle, some even blush and proceed to wish us luck with our relationship before finally leaving us alone. I tell them we'll talk later after practice and wait for the right moment to get as far away as possible from him.

"You know, if you want this to work, you have to act like it." I aggressively stab into my food with a sigh.
"I do act like it." His voice indifferent.
"I'm not too sure about that. If it weren't for me, no one would be buying this shit." I shoot him a glare but all he does is search the hall for a certain brunette. I wonder who that brunette could be.
"And you have to stop drooling all over the place when you catch a glimpse of Jared. He won't come crawling back like that."
"Am not." He barks.
"Am too."
Our eyes finally meet and it's another stare down. He looks away first - not because he admitted defeat but because Jared finally entered the hall.

Suddenly, Derek's hand is touching my chin, tipping it up to make me look into his eyes, his other hand on my lower back and our faces inches apart. Fucking gross.
"What do you think you're doing?" I whisper.
"Don't move. Just stay like this." Derek's hair strokes mine as his lips move to my ear.
"I fucking hate your guts, you do know that, right?" He breathes into my ear.
He moves away and finishes his lovely boyfriend act with a peck on the back of my hand. When I am about to open my mouth, not letting this opportunity for a comeback slide, I feel a sudden chill run down my spine. I can see Jared from the corner of my eye so I decide to turn around to return his possible glare. But when I do, my attention leaves him for someone else. The sudden angered Jared is no longer in sight but someone else is.

Someone else is also looking our way - my way. Someone else is also clenching her strong and veiny hands into fists until her knuckles turn white. Until a vein almost pops in her forehead, making it almost visible for me to see, to touch, to taste. Her clenched jaw creating such a perfect jawline which cuts through the picture like a paper cut, clean and fast. Her dark furrowed eyebrows lying on top of her ever so hypnotic black eyes. Her chest heaves with such an intensity, I suddenly feel small, weak and fragile. As if she is about to charge right into me. Into every fiber of my being. Until there is nothing left for me but only for her to consume. To delight in. To make sure every part of my body belongs no longer to me but to her. To mark me as her own and to destroy. I can see her feet itching to get closer, her opening and closing fists begging to hold me by my ponytail. Her mouth being wetted by her tongue wanting to enter me. Enter me everywhere and leave her scent and mark all over me. Her teeth resisting that urge by biting down onto her lower lip.