Whatever It Takes Part 3

"I knew something was off about her."
"Right! She acted so high and mighty all the time but I knew from the beginning that she was hiding something."
"I mean her dad is influential. So obviously he is going to make sure her files look clean. Daddy wants his little girl to go to Harvard after all." My teammates snicker.
"I can't believe this bullying bitch took your place." Liliane states, clearly annoyed by the leaked videos and texts of Vicky bullying her old classmates. No wonder she transferred.

"Coach is already set to throw her out of the team but she needs to talk to the director first. This is annoying. God." Liliane drags the last syllable into her long groan. "Just because she is the director's daughter doesn't mean she should receive special treatment. I swear if I could I would just-"
"Don't finish that sentence. They basically got their ears everywhere." I motion towards one student across the hallway, piercing us with his eyes.

After Derek left me alone in the maze with Keegan, I've tried everything to find anything of use against Vicky. In the end some anonymous number texted me all the videos and text messages of Vicky bullying her poor classmates. I tried to track them down but obviously I'm no geek so I'm still waiting for the anonymous person to reveal their identity. I bet they're waiting for the perfect moment to demand something in return.

I technically am Captain again and it should feel right. It should feel... fulfilling. But it doesn't. I should be done with the shenanigans as Derek calls them but I feel like I'm missing an important part. It has been a week since Derek and I leaked the videos and text messages and since then we haven't contacted each other at all. What I did hear though is that Derek nor Jared took the place of Quarterback. Instead they hang out in the open but I can tell (everyone can tell); Derek wants to love him openly but Jared still needs to comprehend the fact that he might be a little gay.

Derek and love. Crazy to think that jerk can actually love. But even the biggest of jerks change because of love. Which leaves me left to wonder; did that happen to me, too? Is that why I feel so incomplete? Do I really want Keegan to the point where I can say that I don't need to be Captain of the Cheerleading Team anymore? But I know I can't do that.

I promised mom. I promised to cheer in honor of Lucy. Lucy. My older sister. She was sick. A sick baby. A sick teenager. A dead teenager.
Lucy suffered from leukaemia. And when mom had the chance to give Lucy hope to live by creating me, she did. A saviour sibling. I was genetically created in order to serve as a donor for my sister.
My sister loved everything she couldn't do because of her illness. Cheering was her dream. She watched countless of Cheerleading movies and shows I can't possibly imagine to count them all. But she loved me. I know she did.

Even though Lucy's death drove mom to madness and her later death, I know both of them did love me. Even if mom loved me because I saved Lucy a few more years to live, she still loved me.
Lucy never asked me to be her donor, she didn't know. She loved me as a sister. I could tell from her words.
"Live for yourself. Live for the things you want to do." And that was the last time I ever heard her or saw her.

It has been 9 years since. And I tried to live for myself. I really did. But I couldn't disappoint mom. Her final wish was for me to go cheer. In honor of Lucy. And it felt fulfilling. It gave my empty life meaning again. I felt empowered. My team felt like... family. But the more I cheered, the more I felt something crumble inside of me. I didn't know anything anymore. Nothing. A soulless body.

It started to eat me from the inside. I thought if I did whatever it takes to become Captain again, I would feel better. Stronger. But everything fell apart. Because of one stupid and irresistible woman. Keegan makes me feel like I can act and feel however I want. She is the sole reason I'm conflicted with my purpose. I was supposed to act and think for the sake of my sister. This wasn't what I wanted. This isn't what mom wanted.
Keegan made me into this mess. And I hate it. I hate how powerless, how lost I feel. She should take responsibility. She should be here and make my mind and body function again.