Conflicted Girl Epilogue

~Six months later~

"Ma'am, your brother has arrived."
"Let him in." I sigh. Today has been rough, dealing with these geezers yet again. I take my glasses off and slowly massage my temples.
"Thank you, beautiful." I hear Jedidiah say at the door. My younger brother really has no shame.
"At least flirt with my assistant when I'm not around, you bastard." I greet him with a hug and a pat to his back. Looking at him, I still see his round, big eyes staring at me in amazement. His little figure sure isn't so little anymore. I ruffle his hair up a bit and then sit back down.
"You know I don't like when someone touches my hair."
"Yes, yes, Sir always-styled-hair."

While I'm studying him put his hair back in place, I can't help but wonder.
"To what do I owe the pleasure? I haven't seen you for a long time. What have you been up to?"
"Oh, you know, the usual stuff. I'm just here to see my big sister." He casually sits down in front of my table, crossing his legs and one arm resting on top of the chair's head.
"I see." I analyze him. "Now, tell me. What are you really here for?"
He smirks to himself. "I really can't hide anything from you, can I?"

As I'm leaning back in my seat, awaiting his answer, Jedidiah clears his throat.
"How's it going with the merge?"
"Alright. Now I know what this is all about."
"C'mon, Jan. You know what I think about this."
"It has already been decided, Jedidiah. As soon as I'm retiring, everything will take its course and Aria will also be able to get rid of her father's legacy."
"I know, I know. Her father was a dick. Yada, yada. But still, how can we just merge them together and ruin this empire? I don't want any Ryves intervening into our father's and mother's legacy. The best thing to do is to destroy Ryves Enterprises once and for all. What good is it to make it keep on living?"
"Enough."

Aria has always had a sense of responsibility and destroying Ryves Enterprises? I did suggest this idea once but she wasn't fond of it. She said it wasn't fair towards her siblings. So, as heroic as she is, she decided to take her late father's place as CEO. In the end I told her that we could just merge the two of them together, in which way Aria won't have to be in her father's position anymore. And his stained empire can come to life anew. By being part of Lockwood Corp. She won't have to worry about anything else. I want her to have this. A free life. Just being with me. So Jedidah and Jedidiah will take my place. It's as simple as that. Though, Jedidiah does stir some sort of skepticism, I'll believe in him. For now. I just have to see how it's going. If things go south, I really have to convince Jocea or else I must take my place back again. It's headache over headache.

"You'll become CEO. Together with Jedidah. And that's final."
I can still see the distaste on his face when I made it clear that he won't hold absolute power over Lockwood Corp. But this is for his own good. I know my brother. He needs this. Otherwise who knows in what kind of other beast he might continue to develop into.
"Alright." Jedidiah rises from his seat. He mutters something under his breath and leaves.
Ah. He still has a lot to learn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm home."
Red hair and emerald eyes peek through the door. How much I missed them.
"You're home already? I'm preparing dinner." And there goes my pumpkin, covered in flour. I follow into the kitchen and embrace her petite figure from behind. Taking in her smell while placing soft kisses on top of her head is the only thing I anticipate to do everyday.
"Missed you."
"You saw me this morning."
"Too long."
She chuckles. So sweetly. So preciously.
"You're unbelievable."
"Mhm." I snuggle my nose into her smell. I could just fall asleep like this.

"No sleeping yet. I also prepared some cake for you. But only after dinner."
"Yes, yes."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Did I mention you cook like my mom?"
"You did. You do everytime we eat."
"Good, because I want you to remember that this means I won't let you go now."
"And I won't let you go."
We look at each other for a beat and my heart warms. It still feels like we're freshly wedded. Sometimes I can't believe it. Just six months passed, my father revealed everything and I was devastated. For the first two months of the new year, all I did was be in my, well Janiyah's room, and cried. It wasn't because I found out I was adopted it was because my father never loved me from the beginning. My entire life was faked. Just for his sake. And I hated him. I still do. But I'm glad that he wasn't the only family I ever had. I told Aiden and Anne about it.

Both of them still loved me regardless and wanted me to take the place as CEO because nothing had changed. I was still their sister. And so will I act. But sooner or later, once everything is settled, Ryves Enterprises will belong to Lockwood Corp, I'll give my CEO position to one of the Lockwood twins and that will be the end of it. I asked Aiden if he was alright with my decision, he supported me though he never liked the Lockwoods, he did understand that this is an important decision to make. Anne on the other hand couldn't care less because she is just like that. A free spirit. She dreams of opening her own fashion boutique one day so she just went along with the flow.

So what I'm doing right now is enjoy my life as a stay at home but not really because I'm working at home wife. From now on, Janiyah and I will shape our own future.

————————

Author's Note

With this epilogue, the Lockwood Trilogy comes to an end. Check out the "Character information" part to be up to date.
I hope everyone enjoyed reading this Trilogy over time and I'm thankful you all could bear with the irregular updates.
I can assure you that you will get to see some of these characters in the future again! Because today I'm announcing that I will upload a first look at my new project which features Jedidiah Lockwood and Aiden Ryves as its main characters!! Hopefully most of you are as interested in this one as you were in the Lockwood Trilogy!