Whatever It Takes

"You and I? Yeah, we're definitely done." And just like that he walked off. How could he do this to me? Me, the (Vice) Captain of the Cheerleading Team. I am everyone's type, I am the best choice there is. Everyone would eat their own shit just to be able to touch a loose strand of my beautiful shiny blond hair. So how dare he? Yes, how fucking dare he?

I am temporarily Vice Captain because of that wench, Vicky. I, Stacy, was Captain, period. But this stupid bitch just happened to switch schools over summer break and she also happens to be the Director's daughter. Isn't she daddy's little girl? Yuck.

First day of school and all I hear is 'Oh my god, Stacy! Are you alright?' or 'You won't let that slide, right? You're the Captain!' or 'I think she is also trying to steal your man...'. If it weren't for the law, she would have already been dead. I mean, come the fuck on. Everyone knows a blonde is supposed to be Captain and Vicky happens to be ginger. And not even a pretty ginger, the ugly type of ginger. Everyone and everything makes my blood boil. It's as if all I'm seeing is a hot white. I can already feel the nail prints inside my sweaty palms. Fucking fuck.

Calm down. You're the best. You're amazing. You survived worse.
That's right. This is nothing I can't handle. I just have to find a way to get back at her and stupid Jared. Seriously, is he leaving me for her? He thinks just because he is Quarterback now, he gets to act all high and mighty. If it weren't for me and my recommendation to the Coach, who is my uncle, he would still be stuck as No. 2, second best to "Prince Charming", aka Derek Voorhold. I get why the girls started calling him that. He truly is charming. I even tried dating him, you know, for prestige purposes. But he declined. Since then I viewed him as one of the people I shouldn't mess with.

It was the first time I actually thought someone was declining my proposal because he genuinely didn't mean to hurt me. He said something like 'Sorry, I'm already spoken for.' And didn't spread it around campus. Or spread dirty rumours about me. So I let it slide. And so I went for my second option which was none other than Jared. Everyone said if it weren't for Derek, Jared would be on top. And it's true. No one can really beat Derek.

And so it clicked. Now that Jared is Quarterback, I bet Derek wants his place back just as much as I do. This will turn out devilishly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What?" His British accent lying heavy in the air. "Are you even listening to yourself?"
He is stacked. The living room I'm standing in is filled with modern dark interior and a fire place at the back center. If it were any other theme, I would have thought emos live here.
"Hello?" Derek's deep voice rings.
"Yes?" I stand facing him, with a high ponytail, wearing my pastel green cheerleading uniform and an emerald green ribbon matching my almond colored eyes.
He looks at me for a second and sighs loud enough for it to echo through the entirety of the living room.
"You're being ridiculous. Get out, Stacy."
"No, just listen." Without even waiting for his answer, I comfortably move to sit on the couch as if I lived here. Crossing my legs, I try to convince him.

"Look, I know we aren't friends or anything. But trust me when I say this. You can get your position back as Quarterback." There. I said it. Now he can't turn me down, can he?
Derek already moved towards the couch opposite of me. Instead of sitting down, he turns around and looks down on me.
"What if I don't want to?"
"What?" What's he saying??? "I didn't think you could joke. So as I was-"
"No, Stacy. Now you listen to me. I don't know what evil masterplan you created but I don't want to be part of it. So, leave. Please." Even though I can see him being on the verge of snapping, he is still keeping a cold composure.

I sigh and stand up and wait for exactly two seconds before slowly getting closer to him.
"You could finally get Jared to notice you." I whisper.
Suddenly his eyes widen and his right hand is already on my throat.
"What the fuck did you say?"
It hurts. "Ha, did you really think I wouldn't notice?" I struggle. Please get this over with. "I've seen the way you look at him." His grip slowly looses. "The way you keep pushing him, mocking him. I see you smile after every interaction you have. And I know about the time in the locker room." His hand entirely falls down to his side and balls into a fist.
I step back a little and massage my throat. Fucking bastard.