Indecisive Girl

The sound of droplets trying to break through my shelter of an umbrella, the cold breeze gnawing across my face, my shoes breaking through the surface of puddles. The very thing I hate: rain. Not only does it ruin my hair, my makeup and my shoes but also my mood. Yes, everyone thinks rain's the perfect weather condition to either sit cozily at home and read or sit at home to watch a horror movie.

Well, I'm not in either of those scenarios, however I am sitting by a bus stop, drenched, waiting for the heavy rainstorm to calm down. I'm surprised there's no thunder, just dark clouds blocking the sunlight to shine upon the earth's surface. Might as well pass the time while texting a certain someone.

Me: How's it going in Wonderland?
Waiting for a reply, I turn my phone off. Usually Lyra would reply immediately, but since she's been together with that wicked Jyestha we barely spent time together anymore. Whenever we do, it's either Jyestha suddenly showing up and stealing her away or Lyra and I are too busy with uni.
And thus our meet-ups end with half finished conversations.

While focusing on the street lights on the other side of the street a sudden ping sounds from my hands breaking the trance I found myself in.

Lyra: You know, as always.
Me: Oh my. You've replied faster than you did the past weeks.
Lyra: So very funny, Mary.
Me: Just pointing out the obvious.
Lyra: What about you? What are you doing?
Me: Oh, you know, the usual stuff. Sitting on a cold bench while waiting for the heavy rain to stop pouring.
Lyra: You're going to catch a cold. Did you think of calling a cab?
Me: Well, obviously, you fucking idiot. But guess what, I don't have any money on me and I surely won't let the cab drive me till my front door. Unlike you, I've got brains.
Lyra: I was about to send someone to pick you up. I changed my mind. Go die of a cold or whatever.

Who could she possibly be sending? Jyestha definitely wouldn't come pick me up. Last time I was over at theirs, I heard Jyestha say that she can't understand how someone like me is friends with Lyra. Hate to inform you, but I despise you twice as much as you me, Jyestha. Not only because she snatched Lyra away from me and made her live with her in that huge mansion but also because she is Jyestha.

Me: I'll buy you the red velvet cake we saw last time.
Lyra: She'll be there in 10.

She? I hope it's not Jyestha. If it is, I hope my lord and savior, Lyra, will be there, too. But judging by Jyestha's possessiveness, she'll drag Lyra along. Seriously, Jyestha is like a blood leech. Sometimes it does come in handy, though.

When I was about to fish my phone out of my bag to look at the time, a black Bugatti Veyron 16.4 pulls over at eye sight. The driver pulls down the windows that built a wall between me and so called driver. The driver, a woman, only a few strides away from me moves her index finger back and forth, ordering me to close the distance. As if Mother Nature heard my desire to see the woman's face, thunder emits through the clouds creating a chaotic dance of light. That's when I get a clearer picture of... Jedidah.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What were you doing out this late?" Jedidah's voice breaks through the ice cold silence I created. When I got inside her car, the only things I felt building up inside were embarrassment and shame. It's the Jedidah we're talking about. I didn't expect her to pick me up or rather dare to waste any gas on me. The only time we met (if you can even call it that) was when I was over at Lyra's for the first time. Now that Lyra is gone, I live alone while trying to convince a certain redhead, Aria, to live with me. I get that she is a loner but I hate the loneliness of dwelling in quietness when living on your own.

And at that time, Jedidah left such an intimidating and dark impression on me. Jyestha was scary enough (at first) but her older sister is on a whole different level. I might have only seen her for a split second because she called Jyestha over to her office but that was enough for me to feel overwhelmed. They're so similar yet so different. And no, I'm not talking about their ridiculous age difference.