Chapter 21

Wallking with Padawan Tori, they looked to me with mild curiosity. "Master Skou, can you please explain why the Trial had been put on hold for a day?"

How could I convey the complexity of the situation to Tori. They enjoyed the intrigue but I wasnt sure if they would understand what was at the heart of the Miziri delegation.

"That's a good question," Master Rena replied. "Offically, the Miziri Delegation are here to provide the role of neutrality in the tribunal, however, they are also here at the Chanellor's request."

Stopping I sat with Tori. "Ambassador Hirsi was a high ranking Imperial Officer who was instrumental in helping the path and the rebellion. She is also the key to making the Chancellor's hope of having Mizra join the New Republic." Pausing I didnt know what else I could say other than my eyes had been opened. I hadnt realised just how hard things would be for other worlds. The injustices and privileges were more evident than I had ever known. I was so used to seeing equal distribution of goods and services. Chandrilla was different.

As we set up our stall in the garden markets, Tori seemed to think over our words with great care. It had been some time since we had played traditional Khebian music for the wider public. Streams of people stopped by, tossing credits and talking with Tori who was a natural with people. After an honour, my finger's were getting sore from playing the harp, and it just so happened that Lor San Tekka was standing with Tori talking about ancient instruments he had found in many of his archaeological digs with Theed University's small school of Sentientology. "Do you mind if I take a break?" I asked Rena as I stood from my stool.

Giving a streatch, she nodded in response. "I could use a break myself."

As Rena searched for some lunch, I greeted Lor. "Enjoying the day I see." I remarked with a smile.

"Actually, I came to see you, Master Jedi," Lor replied with nod.

"Go help your master with lunch," I instructed as I turned to Tori. With a nod they were off. "Now, we can talk."

"I just visited my cousin this morning," Lor said as he crossed his arms. "She's changed her mind about testifying as an expert witness."

"Oh," I replied. "How is she?" I added sensing that Lor has something else he couldnt say aloud.

Thinking over his answer, he turned to me with a worried look. "Her political position requires discretion," He said ignoring my question.

His words reminded me of that fated mission years before now. I hadnt thought about it, but it was true. No member of the rebelion was closer to the Emperor. Grand General Spinka's funeral was evidence of that. Her political position requires discretion. "What do you need from me?"

"Ask her about the Sith Eternal," he said with a look between disappointment and concern. Without a word he nodded and left.

"That sounded serious," Rena remarked as she ate the cold chili noodles.

"I'm assuming your Sephi hearing heard all of that," I asked with cheeky hope.

"Of course," Rena replied with a smile.

I thought of plan relatively fast as we continued our time at the markets. I would talk with Reva, she'd worked with Ambassador Hirsi for a long time and being a former inquisitor she, along with Keider, might know about this sith cult. Rena with the help of Tori would search the Chandrillan archives for any information they could find. I thought about talking with Luke but decided I wouldnt go out of my way to find him, that would just arouse suspicion.

~~~

Dressed in more formal robes, I stood waiting in the Miziri Royal Consulet. The crisp white uniform of the Ambassadorial Guards were so reminiscent of the Imperial Navy yet this was something that felt both ancient and present. The tall black leather riding boots, with chromium spirs, were shined to perfection, just as the aurodium plate breastplate. The sheathed vibrosabre didnt go unnoticed.