Chapter V | Saving two boys

~¤~

~¤~

Emily walked through the lobby that's now crowded with tourist and small kids, the park is starting to close down due to the whole "Spartan Problem." she wants more than nothing for this whole problem to be dealt with. She had call her mother and tell her that she's okay and ready to go home soon.

While she's walking, she heard Owen called out for Claire. When she walked over there to see what was wrong, she saw the look of pure terror on Claire's face. "Claire, what's wrong?" she ask her boss.

"I need you." Claire replied.

Owen nodded, "Okay."

"I need your help. My nephews, they're out in the Valley. Please, if anything happens to them-" Claire spoke quickly.

"How old?" Emily cuts her off.

"The older one, he's um.. he's uh..high school age. The younger one, he's...um He's a few years-" Claire tries to give a description, then Owen cuts her off. "You don't know how old your nephews are?" he asked judgmentally.

"At least what are their names?" Emily asked her.

"The older one is Zach. The younger one is Gray." Claire replied.

"Don't worry, Claire. We'll find them." Emily reassured her with a smile.

~¤~

After one care ride later, the two adults and the teenager arrived at the valley. Owen open the driver's door, Emily was about to open her door when Owen order "Stay in the car.". Emily scoffed at this, when she saw Owen walking up the seemingly injured Apatosaurus. She unbuckled her belt and open her door to walk up to the situation, "It's all right. All right, girl." Owen comforted the dinosaur.

Owen's eyes wondered up to the teenager, who knelled down and stroke the Apatosaurus's neck, Claire did the same thing. They before it succumb to its wounds. Something then caught Owen's eyes, he walk over to it with the girls right behind him.

There, lay the bodies of other dead Apatosaurus with similar wounds but uneaten.

Emily gasped and place a hand over her mouth with a tear streaming down her face, "It didn't eat them." Owen commented. "It's killing for sport."

After a while, the three were back on the road and found a crushed gyrosphere. The three got out to investigate the gyrosphere, Owen notice a tooth sticking out from the gyropshere. Using his knife, he yanked it out and handed it to Emily who examine it. Claire panicked as she notice a broken phone on the ground, unease sets inside of her missing nephews.

Emily then notice footprints, not long ago, maybe an hour or two. "Hey, they made it out." she points the footprints with Spartan's tooth.

The three walked over to the waterfall where the footprint's stopped, "They jumped." Emily commented.

"Brave kids." Owen said.

Then, Claire starts to yell out the kids name. Owen press a finger to her mouth and shushes her, "Hey! I am not one of your damn animals." she snapped at him.

"Listen, those kids are still alive, but you, Emily and I will not be if you continue to scream like that." Owen explain to her in a soft, hushed voice.

"He's right." Emily agreed.

"So," Claire sighed and questioned Owen. "You can pick up their scent, can't you? Uh, track their footprints?" Owen stared at her blankly and then told her, "I was with the Navy, not the Navajo."

"So then what should we do? What do you suggest we do?" Claire frantically ask the Raptor trainer.

"You and Emily get back. I'll find them." Owen determndly said to the girls, Emily look at him with wide eyes. "Uh-uh, I'm coming with you. I'm the only one who knows about Sp-" Emily paused and then corrected herself. "The Indominus Rex."

"Claire, you'll last two minutes in there. Less, in those ridiculous shoes. Emily, I'm not sure if you're even an outside person." Owen reasoned with them. Emily just shrugged her shoulders while Claire starts to undress her belt, she unbuttons her shirt and ties the ends while proceeds to roll up her sleeves.
Owen looks at her puzzled while Emily snickers at his expression. "What is that supposed to mean?" Owen asks Claire.

"It means she's ready, Owen." Emily replied.

Owen eyes the teenager and sighed, "Okay. Let's get one thing straight. I'm in charge out here. You two do everything I say, exactly as I say it." he instructed the girls, Emily nodded while Claire was unsure of that idea. "Excuse me?"

"Just relax. It's just like taking a stroll through the woods." Owen assure the red head, then added. "65 millions years ago."

"You're the boss." Emily said, following the adults into the search mission.