Chapter XX | Old Friends, new life

A/N: Thank you for 1k votes!

~¤~

Emily watched with a smile when she saw Sombra hanging his head out the trunk while taking in the breeze..and the snow.

Today Owen came to pick up Emily and Sombra (The hybrid insists) to spend time with him and his now wife Claire and adopted daughter Maisie — They weren't so sure about being around Sombra but Emily reassured them that he's not the same hybrid that tried to kill them.

Owen looks at Emily with a smirk, "What?" She ask with a giggle.

"You dyed your hair again." He notes.

Emily shrugs, "Maybe I did, maybe I didn't." She strokes her now honey brown hair.

The former trainer snorts, "You're gonna kill your hair."

"Says the one who's getting gray hair." She teased.

Owen looks at her surprise, "I do not." He said with a dramatic voice.

The two laugh just when they pull up to a cabin where Claire was outside burning logs, she smiles when Emily got out of the truck. The red-head embraced the young woman with open arms, "So good to see you." She said with a smile.

"Good to see you too." Emily said with a smile.

Then Maisie comes out of the house and bolts into Emily, "Whoa! Hey kid!" She said with a chuckle.

"Hi." She broke the hug and touched a lock of Emily's hair, "You said that I can dye your hair."

"I'm sorry." She apologized.

The two chuckle and them look up to see Owen and Claire proceed to kiss, making the girls comfortable — Then Sombra pounce off of the truck with a grunt while holding a stuffed bear in his mouth, Emily have bought him a toy a week ago now that toy is his a prized possession that's he's very gentle with.

"Hi Sombra." Maisie greets while patting the hybrid's head who let out a purr. "Okay. Um I'm going to-" The teenager then headed back inside.

"Everything okay?" Owen asks.

Claire replies, "She went into town again."

Owen sighs, "This kid, did you talk to her?"

" I tried." She replies.

Owen sighs, " I'll talk to her." He then heads inside along with Claire.

Emily looks over to see Sombra curled up in the snow occupied by his stuffed animal, she bent down and scratched his black scales. "I'll be inside for a little bit, are you going to explore?" She asked. Her answer was only a flick of his tail.

She smiled as she stood up and headed inside.

Sombra held his stuff bear with both of his claws while licking the fur, until his head snap up while his eyes went on high alert he sense something watching him in the forest — He peer through the forest to see Blue, he let out a snort as he stood up and made his way towards her while holding his bear in his mouth.

The two Raptors embrace with nuzzling their heads, Sombra drops the bear right in front of her — She sniffs the bear but lets out a huff, not interested in the stuffed animal. She let out a caw and snapped her head at the forest, telling him to follow her.

Sombra looks at the cabin where Emily's at, he then snorts and nods his head — The two sprints into the forest, weaving through trees and logs. The stop in front of an old abandoned school bus, Blue let out a chirp at Sombra before heading inside.

The hybrid snorts as he place his two front limbs at the entrance of the bus, Blue let out her raptor calls and sniff the ground —Then they head a clatter as a can of old food rolls in front of them, making them turn to see the baby velociraptor who chirps at her mother but shrieks and wag her tail at the sight of Sombra. Sombra let out a small call of his own as his eyes softened at the sight of her.

~¤~

The three Raptors sprinted around the forest like a small family, Sombra would slow down whenever the baby velociraptor slip in the snow, until they slow down at a sight of a small hare — Both Sombra and Blue bent down while the baby velociraptor lay down on the hybrid's head.

Before they could pounce a large wolf grabs the hare in its jaws shaking the life out of it — The baby velociraptor leapt off of Sombra's head and pounced on the wolf and killed it. Then a gunshot went off, the bullet almost aim at the baby velociraptor, Sombra snarled as his eyes landed on two hunters.

He charged forward and pounce on them. The only sound in the forest were raptor calls.

~¤~

Around the evening the raptor family were curled up inside the abandon bus while looking up at the stars — Blue was curl up in front of Sombra fast asleep while feeling him taking breaths while her offspring was asleep or trying to, like every baby she's trying to fight off the sleepiness in her eyes.

Sombra let out a purr while licking her small then, encouraging her to sleep. Eventually she did.

Sombra did went to sleep but for a hour before leaving Blue and her baby before going back to Emily, he broke in through her window and fell asleep on her bed — He pull her sleepy for into his body as he slept peacefully.