Chapter XXV | Final Showdown

~¤~

~¤~

The group along with Beta (now strapped to Owen's shoulder) stood in a elevator, as they got out they walk through a hallway where they meet up with Claire and Ellie. "Hey!" Owen cock his pistol where Henry Wu walks from the shadows, Sombra let out a snarl as he stood in front of Owen to protect Beta from his creator.

He maybe his creator but Emily is his mother. His and Spartan's.

"Please, you have to listen to me." Henry begged.

"You created an ecological disaster." Ellie spat.

"And I can fix it." He tells her. "Charlotte Lockwood change every cell at Maisie's body. It saved her life. If I can understand how Charlotte rewrote Maisie's DNA, I can spread change from one locust to the entire swarm before it's too late."

Masie looks up at Claire, "It's okay. It's what she would've wanted." She assures them. Emily looks at her with a smile, she then look at Sombra — With a move of her hand, Sombra reluctantly stands down but still glares at Henry.

Henry smiles, "Thank you."

Then Ian and Ramsey walk in, Ian's eyes met Henry. "No, no, no. Him? Not him, not him, it's always him. Every..." He trails off when he sees Beta strap to Owen's shoulder. "is that a dinosaur on your shoulder?"

Owen nods his head, " Yeah. Why?"

~¤~

The rest of the group walk into the main part of the sanctuary where Kayla was waiting with a helicopter, they're met by the passing sauropod as it bellows while leaving — They all proceed to head for the chopper but all stop at a familiar roar. They look to see Spartan walk around the circular fountain and right up to the group, he looks on with fondness in his eyes at the sight of Sombra and Emily but he snarls when he sees the now one-eyed Giganotosaurus walk right up to Spartan as the two massive carnivores proceed to circle one another.

This is it. Only one carnivore gets to walk out here alive.

"This isn't about us." Alan spoke.

Sure enough, the two clash just when the group gets out of the way; Spartan grabs the Giganotosaurus by the throat and shoves him to the ground only for the latter to push himself back up. The Giganotosaurus grabs Spartan by the tail and drags her around but eventually let's go. Spartan then proceeds to chomp down in the Giganotosaurus' snout but the theropod yanks it out and then shoved Spartan backward and grabs him by the hip. The Giganotosaurus then shoves Spartan to the ground but the theropod gets up.

The Giganotosaurus strangles Spartan by the throat and shoves him to a nearby pole and he collapses with Owen Claire Maisie and Ramsay right beneath him. The larger carnivore places a foot on Spartan seemingly dead body and roars triumphantly.

"Sombra." The I-Raptor looks up at Emily. "Help him! Hurry." With a snort he charged at the one-eye Giganotosaurus by the back and pierce him by his claws.

The theropod sceams by the sudden pain and grab Sombra by the tail and flung him to the ground. The two let out roars at each other, just in time for Spartan to get up.

The hybrids worked in sync to fight the large carnivore, in the end Sombra claw at the Giganotosaurus's snout while Spartan grabs him by the throat and drags him to the ground while Sombra got on his brother's back.

With a quick movement Spartan break the Giganotosaurus's neck, the two hybrids look on the dead theropod's body as they roar in triumph at their succession.

Quickly Sombra got down from Spartan's back as he made his way towards the helicopter that's flying away, before leaving he looks at Spartan with appreciation while the I-Rex did the same with a nod.

Sombra then climbs onto a fallen pillar and leaps onto the helicopter and climbs in, settling into Emily's lap with a content sigh. Meanwhile Emily looks out the window where Spartan was standing on a cliff and let out a goodbye roar while Emily just wave from the window.