Chapter XIX | New life

~¤~

~¤~

Spring — 2022

The sunlight peeks through the bleek curtains in Emily's room as she sleeps in her room — Suddenly her window doors open up for a large figure to step inside with a grunt, it smiles at the sight of its prey.

It moves its head forward for its snout to meet her face, it opens its maw to show its teeth.

Then...laps her face repeatedly, making her groan in disgust. "Sombra." She moaned out. Burying her face in the pillow, Sombra grunts and literally pushes her off of the bed with his head that makes her yelp out.

Emily looks up at her dinosaur who's now standing on top of her bed while wagging his tail gleefully, ever since the events of Lockwood Manor Sombra was the cheerful and joyful than ever.

He loved being outside with the sun beaming down his scales, the way his gold scales catch the light under the sun — He would stay outside in the grass and often fall asleep while letting ladybugs and butterflies land on him before leaving.

Emily glares at him before sighing, "Alright, I'll get up." She said defeated.

Sombra let out a small roar, he then turned his body and literally jumped out the window — Emily lifts herself up and places her blanket on the bed and starts getting dressed.

~¤~

Sombra waited patiently outside for his mother to come out, he was already up when Emily's father and grandfather left to do some errands (which usually takes all day). Emily's grandfather would say that Sombra's an early riser who loves to watch the sun rise.

His head snapped up when he heard the door click open to see Emily wrap her coat around her body, she giggled when her big Raptor licked her temple while receiving scratches in return that sent him in a series of purrs.

"Alright, time to work sweetie." She said,

Her family recently moved to Sierra Nevada in California to make farming easier, Emily's not a huge fan of constant snow but she got used to it, but luckily the snow subsided to let Spring bloom.

Sombra snorted and led her towards the stables; her family only had cows, horses and chickens so it was hard work for the girl in her twenties — Now with Sombra in the mix, it was challenging to get an apex predator away from his prey.

Emily has to train him to learn that farm animals are not food, luckily like Spartan, Sombra was a fast learner and learned to be gentle and not eat them.

After doing some chores Emily sat on the lounge chairs with water in hand and Sombra laying beside her while feasting on his breakfast, he then let out a grunt for Emily to look at him. "What is it, sweetie?" She asked.

He puffs, he looks down at his last piece of meat then at the shrubbery that leads to the woods and back at Emily — Lately he's been going out in the woods and stay out in the hour before coming back. Emily thinks it's probably because he's slowly starting to adapt to wildlife and try to survive out on his own, she knew that one day that he'll leave her to be on his own like his half-brother.

"Go on, bud." She told him. "See you soon?" Sombra bobs his head, licking her face. He grabbed his meat and took off into the woods.

~¤~

Deep in the woods, Sombra explores the woods before setting on a nice patch with a river flowing and a small waterfall, making a nice relaxing down — He lays down and gnaws on the meat while being on high alert.

Then his head snaps up at the sound of a Raptor call, he looks up to see Blue and her hatchling walking up to them.

The hatchling shrieks and runs up to rub her small head against his shoulder, he purrs and licks her tiny head while Blue purrs and nudges his head.

To think that four years ago they tried to kill each other but now Sombra submits himself to her completely, he'd give her the rest of his meal to her and her hatchling to survive. Speaking of, he pushes the meat to them.

He watched them rip into the meat and feast it to the bone.

For an hour he'd spent it with Blue and her hatchling.

A/N: Sorry for long haitus, I've been busy and such. Since Dominion wasn't very good Jurassic world movie, I'll go ahead and fix that for this fic and do some minor changes.
Also Beta (Blue's baby) is NOT Sombra's child, he's just her father figure.