Chapter 1

Well, would ya look at that? The inspiration stick whacked me on the head once again. I decided to make my new OC part of the IDW universe cause I felt like there weren't enough fanfics on it so here ya go. 

I don't own the original of the transformer on the cover, that one belongs to @Immortal-Strike on Pinterest. I tried (and failed) to draw Radiowave and this was the closest I could find to what I wanted. I made a lot of tweaks to suit her better but as I said, it's not originally mine, all credit goes to Immortal-Strike.

Hope you enjoy :).

Warnings: heavy gore right off the bat so this is not for the faint-hearted. If you've read the IDW comics, you know this ain't gonna be a picnic. You've been warned.

My optics flew open as I came out of stasis and a small beeping went off somewhere to my left. I look around and find I'm in some kind of escape pod. At first, I was confused as to how I got there. Why wasn't I home?

The realisation hit me hard but there was no time to ponder it.

I look out the small window in front of my face and see what looks like a planet, its surface is nothing but rock and water.

Fans start kicking in somewhere above me and the space starts shuddering vigorously, causing me to jump and hit my elbow. I've never been in this situation before, but I'm not stupid. I know I've entered the planet's orbit and am currently making a fiery descent toward the rocky landscape.

I clench my jaw and do my best to brace myself against the capsule's small walls as a screen to my right informs me how far away I am from the surface. My wings are crammed in uncomfortably behind me but at this point, I'd take getting out of this alive over this awkward angle.

The shuddering turns into full-scale, violent convulsing. I'm suddenly scared I'm not going to make it and will get killed in the crash. At least if I do, I'll be able to see my carrier again. The beeping speeds up and I look down to see I'm a mere hundred meters away.

'Primus spare my spark.' I whisper to myself, just before the capsule crashes. Next thing I knew, my helm lurched forward, hitting the glass and I blacked out.

—————

Images flash in front of my optics at a rapid pace. I feel sick as the scene starts just a few minutes before the attack. 

I was sitting in a large field on a hill overlooking a sparkling lake. I was crossed-legged, quietly strumming the guitar in my lap. It was a song my carrier had taught me when I was younger. It was one she and my sire sang together when they met.

I softly repeated the words and tried to match the notes but grimaced when it sounded off. I had my visor on to record but my mask was down, the gentle breeze brushing my exposed intake and cheeks. I stopped for a moment and gazed across the valley. It was one of those where you could look at it for hours and never get bored.

But little did I ever see it again the moment the ship entered the atmosphere.

It was sleek, white, and spiked. I gawped up, watching it as it flew overhead. I was confused at first, not remembering any ship that looked like that. Maybe it was the mechs that went to fight coming home. The thought then excited me and I slung the guitar over my shoulder and started running.

My pace picked up as I started thinking my sire might be among them. Hope fluttered in my spark at the thought of seeing the bots. Friends and family, finally coming home after all these years. 

Boy did I not know how wrong I was.

I'd managed to get to the top of the hill overlooking the small village. Loads of bots were coming out, all pointing up at the ship. Maybe they knew who they were. I was about to run down when something popped out of the bottom of the vessel.