30: The Dying of the Light Part 3

I couldn't take it anymore.

After everything that had happened, after I thought it was all finally over, the universe came and threw a wrench into my life as everything was going well.

I think I was even beyond tears at this point. Fear had overwhelmed my spark and processor more than it ever had before. It weighed down on my chassis, threatening to choke me if even for a second I didn't focus on my breathing.

I curled up in a ball even tighter and pressed myself into the corner as far as my one good wing would let me. Remix and Ravage were curled around me, I could feel the weight of Skyraid and Laserbeak on my shoulders while my brothers, Ratbat and Buzzsaw huddled and leaned on my legs. My optics were closed and earphones were in, music blaring as loud as it would go while my servos covered them just for an added layer.

But no amount of noise could block out the sound of explosions or the shaking of the building.

I was vaguely aware I let out the occasional whimper when any strong blast made the entire fortress shudder and debris rain down on us. I couldn't hear anyone talking but their thoughts swirling around me, mixing with Green Day blasting in my ears.

My sire was talking with Megatron and everyone else was crowded together in the large room, waiting their turns to be fixed. But since Velocity was the only medic we had, it was all slow going.

Then, all the blasting suddenly quietened down. Ravage picked up my iPod and turned the music down so I didn't damage my ears, making me look up as everything else settled down. 

But I knew better. 

This was far from over. Megatron had explained to me months ago that this was the Decepticon way. A show of power followed by restraint.

They were no doubt coming back.

That was clear from the footage from vidcameras outside that Rewind had put on the screen showed a word had been blown into the ground, giving us our deadline till death.

Sunset

——————

The major adrenalin rush as well as lack of energon and just sheer exhaustion from the day were the only reasons I was able to slip away into unconsciousness. The last thing I'd seen before my optics drifted shut was Censere's body which had just reduced to red dust, a result of his spark finally leaving his body.

After that, I fell into darkness...

And then landed heavily on my back on something hard.

It didn't seem to hurt or even knock the wind out of me so I sat up completely fine and looked around. Everything was oddly quiet in this room, purple strips of light lining the walls and a table with energon in the middle. 

I looked down at my own servo and felt my optics widen as I noticed I seemed to be slightly see-through with a ghostly blue glow. Looking down as I stood up, I saw the rest of my body was like that as well. It was only when I noticed something hanging on the walls that I turned my gaze up.

And would have let out a shriek except my voice seemed to be swallowed up by the silence almost immediately.

Mechs had been pinned to the wall with nails I was far too familiar with. They all had the same frame designs and types of helms with what I could tell used to be yellow and black lines. And... they all looked similar to Megatron.

I cautiously walked up to them while racking my processor for what Megs told me before it suddenly clicked. These guys were all miners, just like he'd been before he rose to become the leader of the Decepticons. He'd told me all about his past life and how that had been how and why he became who he was.