Chapter 10

'Come on!' I said to Tailgate as he ran behind me. His legs were smaller so I had to stop every few meters to wait for him to catch up. 'Where are we even going?' He asked as he came up beside me.

'You'll see.' I grinned as Remix transformed and I hopped on, the white mini-con getting on his hoverboard before we raced out of the Lost Light.

'Won't Cylonus and Chromedome question where we are?' He asked. 'Don't worry.' I said with a grin, 'I left them both notes.' 'Let's just hope they read them before they terrorize half the ship looking for us.' I heard him mutter, making me laugh.

'So are we going to this "friend" you told me about?' TG asked as we broke through the line of trees that bordered the field, 'And also that's why you brought your guitar?' 'Yes to both of those.' I said, 'Just wait, you're gonna love him.'

For the past week, I'd been going back to the same place and seeing Grimlock. He'd shown me that he could transform a few times but mainly stayed in his dino form. We mostly just sat in our stone circle and talked although some of the conversations were quite one-sided. Grim wasn't much of a talker but I didn't care. 

I did want to show him music though which is why my guitar was currently strapped to my back, in between my wings. I also wanted to show him one of the other crew members.

Domey had been my first thought but he could be a bit intimidating at first, especially if it came to protecting me. Whirl and Cyclonus were quickly crossed off and I spent some time debating whether to show Max, Rung, or even Megatron who I'd gotten to know better. Rodimus had been busy when I went to check on him (surprise there) and Ratchet and First Aid had gone to resupply their medical supplies.

And Brainstorm was just an immediate no-no.

I soon decided on Tailgate cause let's be honest here, that mech can get along with anyone. He's sweet and kind and just a marshmallow at heart. He was also one of the only crew members who could stand on a board without faceplanting.

We quickly approached the meeting area and stopped just before we hit the rocks. Tailgate carried his board under his arm while Remix walked next to me and Skyraid landed on my shoulder.

'He's usually here by now.' I said, as we crossed into the circle and I looked around for him. At the sound of my voice, a helm shot up not too far away and was soon followed by a huge body. I was then plowed down by an over-excited T-rex.

'Easy Grim!' I laughed as I got the scrap nuzzled out of me, 'Jees it's only been 24 hours.' It took a lot of effort to get him off of me but I was finally free from the happy bot. Skyraid went up and took his usual position on his helm. Remix yapped and Grim lowered his helm to him.

'Sorry.' I said to Tailgate as he helped me up, 'He really likes me.' 'I can see that.' He laughed, looking at Grimlock in awe. 'Anyways.' I said, going over to the dinibot and stroking his cheek, 'Grim, this is Tailgate. Tailgate, this is Grimlock. I thought it'd be nice for you to meet one of my friends.'

The silver and yellow mech went over to the much smaller one and bent down to look at him. I walked over as well as TG went rigid with freight. 'It's ok.' I reassured him, 'He's just making sure you're not a threat.'

'Do I look like a threat?' He asked sarcastically, hands on his hips. I tilted my helm and grinned, looking at him up and down, 'That's why I brought you.' I said. I watched as he slowly reached out his servo and petted Grim's nose. The dino purred and leaned into it.

'Looks like I'm not the only one now.' I said, 'But I warn you, he likes to cuddle.' 'I gathered as much.' He laughed, moving his servo up his snout, 'So any idea where he's from?' 'Nada,' I admitted, 'All I got was he's traveling with five other mechs.' 'I see.' He said and went back to petting him.