Chapter 18

I felt my systems coming online before I even woke up. I groaned and shifted slightly, my processor still had a headache from the memory purges.

1/10 Experience, would not recommend.

I gingerly opened my optics and looked around. Luckily my room was dark and the lights had been dimmed. With much effort, I lifted my helm and stood up. Everything was stiff and hurt.

It appeared I was alone right now and the halls outside sounded quieter than usual. I winced as I spread my wings and took off, flying out the door.

The ship seemed almost deserted, the few mechs I passed were passed out on the floor. I didn't think much of it as each one of them had a glass of high-grade energon in their servos.

I soared down the corridors until I came to a certain room. For some reason, it wasn't that weird to see my body lying there on the berth. I flew over and landed on the side, looking at my face.

The question of whether I'd ever be able to look like that again came to my mind. Shockwave had taken a long time to transform me into what I was now, so... was it reversible?

I sighed and hopped onto the berth before curling up where my torso was missing.

It didn't take long for someone to notice I was gone. I reopened the bond between my symbiotes and suddenly, joy but then panic pricked at my spark. My helm shot up as a wild scrambling of metal claws on the floor was heard outside.

I chirped happily and flew off the berth as a wolf and a falcon rushed in. They both saw me and ran. I swooped down and the three of us collided mid-air but Remix yapped happily and I was enveloped in a sort of hug. I was clicking at a furious rate, snuggling into his neck.

'I can't believe it's you, boss!' He said, nuzzling me, 'You're so small!' 'We thought you were dead!' Skyraid said, hopping over to me as I landed on the floor. 'It seems I did as well.' I said. They both grinned, hearing me reply telepathically.

We turned when running was heard and looked as Fortress Maximus rushed in. His face broke into relief when he saw me and he walked over. He kneeled down and picked me up. 'Good to see you're alright Ace.' He said.

I gave him an annoyed CLICK and wriggled around. His expression just changed, like he expected this reaction. 'That's not your name, is it?'

He sat cross-legged and studied me closely, 'When Remix brought you in, you looked like you could barely breathe. He said you were having a panic attack after seeing the bodies.'

'What's even more, is someone started screaming, not out loud but in our heads,' He continued, 'I also saw images of the DJD killing and attacking bots.'

He brought me up close to his face, 'Both of those things are related to Radiowave.' He said, 'So tell me.' His face grew serious.

'Are you her?'

I looked down at myself before back up at him, blinking, 'It would seem that's the case.' I said. It took him a moment to register it before tears welled up in his optics and suddenly broke down.

I jumped in surprise before chirping and flying into his chassis, wrapping my wings around him. He sobbed and hugged me back. I didn't care that he was squeezing me tightly, I just clicked happily and smuggled him.

'I'm so sorry!' He cried, 'I didn't recognize you! I didn't treat you like a person, I'm so so sorry!' I nuzzled his neck reassuringly as he started breaking into a stream of apologies, from recently as well as before I was taken.

I just patted his back and tried to cheer him up, 'It's ok Max,' I said, nudging him with my helm, 'I already forgave you and everyone else long ago.' He sniffed and rubbed his optics, smiling at me, 'It's really you.' He said, starting to laugh, 'It's really really you.'