Today.

Time Jump: The night before the camp begins.

Leah POV:

I had just finished packing with my mum, ensuring I had everything i needed for the next few months. Although I didn't know who I was rooming with yet, Id bought plenty of blankets and ham sandwiches for myself and my roomie. I flopped onto my bed, staring at the ceiling for one last night before my entire life was about to change. There was no better feeling, and I knew I was ready.

Amanda: "I'm going to miss you so much Le" my mum said, hugging me close.

Leah: "You know i'll miss you and the whole family. But you'll see me soon, I'll call every night i promise" I smiled.

Amanda: "You need to get to bed missy. Its 11 and you have to be up and ready to go by 7." She kissed me on the forehead, smiled at me through the door and closed it. I knew my mum hurt knowing I wasn't going to be there, but she was so proud of me she'd get through it.

6am

I woke up to the deafening sound of my alarm. I rubbed my eyes and stared at my wall for the last time for a few months. I know I've said it a lot, but this is the most incredible feeling ever. I checked my phone, and it had blown up again. As I opened twitter, I saw an appologetic message from Sarina on Twitter.

Lionesses on Twitter: Unfortunately, we missed a Lioness Member off of the line-up page. Please can we all give a warm welcome to Alessia Russo. She is an incredible player, and I cannot comprehend how we missed her. Just know, she will be incredibly loved and cherished by us all here at England. Congratulations Alessia!

Alessia. Alessia Russo. I've heard that name before. I opened up Instagram and searched her name, where i was met with the most beautiful, angelic girl I had ever seen. Whoa. I was going to be playing with Alessia Russo, I'd get to see her every day. Leah? Thats not the point of this camp. I know. But she is beautiful.

I rolled out of bed, packed all my suitcases in the car, and me, my mum, dad and brother all set off for the drive to the camp. We were going to St Georges Park for this camp, and the matches were yet to be announced. Sarina wanted to ensure we all worked well together and had an action plan before stressing us all out over who we would be playing in the upcoming months. Sarina took pride in ensuring we were all as happy, and content as we could be in the camp.

The drive felt like it was going on forever. I just wanted to be in the camp with all my new family I knew a few of the members like Beth and Lotte...and Jordan... but i was excited to meet the rest of them. As we pulled up, I saw everyone saying goodbye to their families, hugging them before walking into the building that was stood before us. There was a massive sign saying, "Welcome Lionesses". As i stepped out the car, I was nearly knocked over by someone jumping on my back.

Beth: "Alright captain?" she said, stomping her food and saluting me. I laughed so hard.

Leah: "Please don't ever do that again" I said giggling, and Beth typically stomped her foot once more. I rolled my eyes.

Beth: "You ready?!" she smiled. I nodded, hugging and kissing my family goodbye before dragging in my millions of suitcases i decided i needed.

We all met in a large dining hall, where Sarina had assigned us roommates. We all had to go check in with her and our new coaches before going to our rooms. Sarina looked at me and said I was in room 303, but when i peered at the page, there was no roommate assigned to me. I felt a wave of disappointment, before Sarina snapped me out of it.

Sarina: "You'll be rooming with one of the younger girls if that's okay. Were still doing a bit of moving around to decide who will be the best fit for each girl. We think we have it down, but your roommate will be up to see you soon" she smiled at me. I nodded, and thanked her, and with that, i was off.