Prologue

Ian and Mickey were known for their on and off relationship. They weren't fussed about fucking each other, or fucking other people, in fact, Mickey didn't mind having more than one sexual partner at a time, although, Ian was his only male sex partner.

Currently, they were off, but that didn't mean they weren't seeing each other. They would still hang out, drink endless amounts of beer and do stupid shit until the morning sun rose. Ian preferred the sexual part of the relationship they shared, as to him, it felt he was with someone who truly loved him. Unfortunately for Ian, the friendship part of his friends with benefits plan with Mickey always lasted longer than the sexual part of the friends with benefits plan.

———

Ian and Mickey sat on the roof of an abandoned building, a beer in their hands as they watched the sun set.

"Did you know that if you and your partner in crime got married, and then you did something like super illegal, then you can't legally testify in court against each other?" Ian put a cigarette in his mouth, lighting it with Frank's unused lighter.

"How the fuck do you know that?" Mickey asked, laughing as he sipped his beer.

"I've had to read up on laws, considering the amount of times anyone in my family has gotten arrested or gone to jail." Ian laughed, chucking a pebble off the roof.

"I think marriage is stupid. Why the hell do people need the fucking government to prove that they love each other enough to spend the rest of their lives together?" Mickey scoffed.

"So, you wouldn't get married...ever?" Ian asked, curious.

"Well, I'd probably have to, seeing as my dad would shoot me dead if I didn't." Mickey smiled, putting his beer down.

"Would you marry a guy?" Ian questioned.

By this point, both men were heavily drunk. Ian was on the verge of falling off the roof, as he couldn't stop swaying from side to side. Mickey, on the other hand, was acting sober, but was clearly drunk, because every now and then, he'd start humming a random tune that he had heard coming from Mandy's room.

"I wouldn't be opposed, although my dad would be." Mickey laughed, leaning back, falling onto the tiles.

"You would marry a guy, if you loved him?" Ian laid down, looking at Mickey.

"Yeah. Maybe. Why? Do you want to get married?" Mickey sat up, confused.

"Yes. Eventually, I want to get married and settle down. Although, settling down includes kids and I'm gay, so marrying a dude would limit my ability to have kids." Ian laughed, playing with his shirt.

"You and me. We could get married." Mickey laughed.

"Wait, what? Did Mickey Milkovich, the homophobic gay guy, just offer me marriage?" Ian's eyes widened.

"I mean, like you said, if either of us ever did something illegal, we couldn't testify against each other, so why not?" Mickey stood up, helping Ian off the edge.

"All right. Chicago. Same-day weddings." Ian smiled as he and Mickey got down to the ground, finding the nearest computer.

"You can get a marriage license at the courthouse, get married in the same building." Mickey smirked.

"How the hell do you know that?" Ian asked, confused.

"It's how my parents got together." Mickey smirked as he and Ian walked back to Ian's house, finding a computer.

"Download application for wedding license. Boom." Ian went online, still trying to see clearly, although, his vision was a little impaired from all the alcohol he had consumed.

Within a few hours, Ian and Mickey had rented suits, bought wedding rings with drug money and had gone down to the courthouse to make their marriage official. How they had done this all during one night, and very drunk, would be unknown to anyone.

By 6 am, Ian and Mickey were officially married in a court of law. They had wedding rings and a marriage certificate to prove it. Luckily, they wouldn't remember any of what had just occurred in the morning.

"Holy fuck, my dad is literally going to kill me if he finds out." Mickey laughed as he wrapped his arms around Ian's neck, placing a passionate kiss on Ian's lips.

"Fiona might just do the same thing!" Ian laughed, letting Mickey kiss him. They entered the Gallagher household, Ian yelling for anyone to make a noise. When no one answered, Ian and Mickey assumed that the house was empty, leaving the newly-wedded couple to enjoy some honeymoon time.