19

MICKEY
Ian was coming home today. It had been a long year and I wanted him home. Today also happened to be mine and Ian's wedding anniversary. One year ago today, we drunkenly got married. I asked Kev to put up some banners and maybe add some decoration. He sent out invites and I wanted to surprise Ian.

MANDY
Today was going to be a good day. Not only was Ian coming home, but he and Mickey were celebrating their wedding anniversary. I had seen Mickey making plans with Kev, but I decided to make a better party. I had been communicating with Fiona, who then explained the situation to Kev.

Fiona: Everything is all set. All we need to do is wait.

Kevin: Decorations are set up.

Me: Perfect.

TERRY
Mandy had been especially secretive. As much as I expect privacy, I needed to understand what the fuck Mandy had been preoccupied with. Grabbing her phone while Mandy was in the shower, I put in the passcode and search through her phone. My eyes widened when I saw a message group with Mandy, Fiona Gallagher and the owner of The Alibi, Kevin.

Reading through, my heart raced and my anger got worse when I discovered that Mickey had arranged a 'Welcome Home' party for Ian. I angrily chucked her phone onto her bed and pretended to be normal when Mandy got out of the shower. I rallied up some of Mickey's brothers and cousins, coming up with a plan to wreck the party at all costs.

MICKEY
When 6:30 came, I was inside the Cook County Psychiatric Hospital, watching as Ian walked to the reception, his clothes on and his phone in his pocket. After signing a few forms, he looked at me.

"Hey, Ian." I grinned, giving him a massive hug as he happily hugged me back.

"We're going home?" He asked, hopeful.

"Yeah, but we've got one stop on our way." I held his hand as we walked out to Fiona's car. Before we drove off, Ian pulled me in for a kiss, which I happily accepted.

———

We pulled up to the bar, Ian and I getting out.

"Hey, I don't wanna stay too long, all right? I'm still a bit tired from the meds." Ian smiled, looking between me and the bar.

"Yeah, four or five beers, and we'll go." I smirked, nudging Ian, who dropped his face.

"One beer, and we'll go." He insisted.

"Fine." I smiled, about to walk in, but Ian stopped me.

"Do you seriously not know what today is?" Ian looked at me, pissed off.

"Jesus Chr– I don't know. Thursday?" I knew what he was talking about, but I needed to play along.

"Twenty-first. Doesn't ring any bells with you?" Ian was now getting angry. I so desperately wanted to tell him, but I needed to wait.

"No. Should it?" I asked, confused.

"It's our wedding anniversary." Ian sighed, looking at me, trying not to cry.

"Oh! Oh, shit." I acted surprised.

"One year ago today." Ian rolled his eyes.

"Hey, man. That's great. Come on. I'm thirsty." I pulled Ian toward the bar and inside, watching as his face dropped.

"Surprise! Happy anniversary and welcome home Ian!" Everyone yelled as Ian couldn't help but smile.

"Speech! Speech!" Everyone chanted. I looked up at Ian, who had a tear in his eyes.

"Um...I love this man." Ian pulled me in for a loving kiss.

"Happy anniversary and welcome home, Ian." I whispered to Ian as he pulled me in for a loving hug.

"Congrats, to both of you." Mandy hugged me, then Ian.

"I can't believe that you made it to a year. Monica would've been so proud." Fiona smiled.

All of a sudden, the bar went silent. No one had moved or said a word.

"Fuck." I watched as Terry stood at the entrance, a bunch of Milkovich family members holding bats and crowbars and other weapons.

"Shit." Ian panicked, trying not to move.

"What the fuck?" He looked up at the banner, specifically the 'Happy anniversary' part of the banner. Terry's gaze went to me and Ian, my arm around Ian's torso. He also seemed to notice the wedding rings on mine and Ian's fingers.

"Dad...dad!" Mandy tried to get closer, but she didn't.

"Hold on! Hold on!" I stood in front of Ian, who was being held by Fiona.

"Dad, hold on!" I yelled, watching as the anger on Terry's face got worse.

"Fucking piece of shit!" Terry went to attack Ian, but Lip got in front of Terry, barely managing to stop Terry from hurting Ian.

"Piece of shit!" Terry yelled as he ripped Lip away from Ian, before straddling Ian and punching him over and over.

"Get the fuck off him!" I demanded as Fiona, Carl and I attempted to pull Terry off of Ian.

"No son of mine is gonna be a goddamn faggot, married to another faggot!" Terry almost knocked Ian out, but V stepped, in, putting her earrings on the bench.

"Uh-uh. Hey! Hey!" She grabbed a pool cue and whacked Terry to the floor, pointing it in his face.

"No, sir! No, sir. Not in Mama's house." V held the pool cue to Terry's neck as I held a gun to his forehead.

"All you dickheads better leave!" I threatened, watching as my brothers and cousins left the bar, dragging Terry with them.