21

IAN
I had been getting messages since The Fairytale shut down.

"Ian...what the fuck are you doing?" Mickey asked as he walked into my bedroom, watching as I scrolled on my computer.

"I'm looking for apartments online. I have the cash to afford a somewhat spacious apartment, and an added benefit is avoiding Fiona." I smiled. Mickey sighed, shrugging his shoulders.

"Don't you think you're a bit young to have an apartment of your own?" Mickey smirked, sitting next to me, his hand going to my shoulder.

"I was surely too young to get married to you, but I did, didn't I?" I rolled my eyes. I continued looking down the page, finding a few good choices.

"Did you know that because Fiona got Roger arrested, The Fairytale got temporarily shut down and at least 20 of my co-workers lost their jobs?" I looked at Mickey, who opened my pill bottles.

"Here you go." He put them in my hand and watched as I consumed them.

"Did you hear what I said?" I asked, confused.

"Roger kind of deserved it...creepy fuckin' bastard." Mickey shrugged his shoulders.

"Will you help me?" I asked, watching as Mickey stopped massaging my shoulders.

"What?" Mickey seemed confused.

"Will you help me find an apartment for us? We're married, so you should have a choice in where we live." I looked at Mickey, who sighed, hesitant.

"Ian, I don't think-" Before Mickey would finish, I stopped him.

"-Please?" I smiled at him, placing a kiss on his neck. I noticed that the moment I kissed his neck, he became horny, which made me chuckle.

"Fine. But can you please help me with my situation?" He gestured to his pants, which I was happy to help with.

After at least 10 minutes of pure pleasure, Mickey and I got back to my laptop, trying to find a decent-priced apartment.

"All I gotta say, is that our apartment has to be a ground-floor apartment." Mickey insisted.

"What? Why?" I asked, confused.

"Ground-floor apartments are much easier to escape from if we ever get in trouble with the cops." I rolled my eyes at Mickey's suggestion.

"What about an apartment in the West Side? They have pools, gyms...everything that a couple could possibly want." I suggested.

"Did you say pools?" Mickey smirked.

"Yeah?" I was confused.

"We can go a check this place out today? Maybe take a swim in the pool?" Mickey pointed to the apartment that I had been looking at for nearly a full minute.

"Sounds fun!" I smiled, watching as Mickey got dressed and ready to go.

"Oh, and FYI, just because we're going to this apartment, doesn't mean I'll like it enough to move to the fuckin' West Side." Mickey smirked.

The drive to the West Side was fine, and the initial feel of the place felt nice to me, but as I guessed, Mickey spent most of our time in the pool. I watched from a balcony as Mickey happily swam in the pool, trying not to draw too much unnecessary attention to himself.

"Ha ha ha ha! Yo, that pool is sick!" Mickey smiled, laughing as he dried his hair.

"Garbage disposal. Never have to put your hand down the drain again!" I caught Mickey's attention.

"Fireplace." I pressed a button, watching as Mickey looked at me with lust in his eyes.

"Ooh!" He smirked.

"Come on, let's go." Mickey asked, clearly sick of seeing this apartment.

"Wait. One more thing. You got to feel this bed. Just check out this bed, baby." I pulled Mickey into the bedroom. I laid on the bed, my eyes instantly closing.

"Ahh." I smiled.

"It's like sleeping on a cloud." I exhaled.

"Oh yeah. Yeah, that's nice." I looked over at Mickey, who was smirking.

"I think we should do this." I watched as Mickey sat up, confused.

"Do what?" Mickey asked, looking down at me.

"Rent this place." I smiled, sitting up.

"Wait...what?" He seemed shocked by my response.

"Well, it's nice, it's cheap, you love the pool, and the lady at the leasing office said if we sign in the next minutes, we get the first month rent-free." I smiled, watching as Mickey's face dropped from confusion to anger.

"It's on the fuckin' West Side." He tried not to look angry, but he clearly was.

"I- It's only minutes away. Just a few miles." I tried to reason with him, but I stopped when I realised that he wouldn't change his mind.

"No. We don't know the escape routes, t- the bail bondsmen around here..." Mickey gave me a reason why we shouldn't move here.

"So we stop doing shady shit and grow some tomatoes. Can we just talk to the lady? Take a look at the lease?" I asked, pleading with Mickey, who rolled his eyes.

"I don't want to look at the fuckin' lease. I'm not movin' here. Was this your plan the whole time?" Mickey looked hurt.

"No, of course not. But the place is nice. Can you just think about it?" I requested, holding his hand.

"All I wanted was to go for a swim." He pulled away, clearly pissed off.

"Mickey. Hey, listen to me. Half the kids on the South Side moved away when they turned 18. Take Jerry Walters, for example. He had been saving hundreds, and when he turned 18, he managed to score himself a very spacious apartment in the West Side. That was 3 years ago. Now, he works a very prestigious office job and earns up to $15,000 a month. That's more than we could make in a year!" I got excited, but Mickey clearly wasn't.

"I said no, Ian." Mickey hissed before leaving the apartment.