2

IAN
When Mickey left my room, my gaze went down to my wedding ring. For the first time ever, this ring on my finger felt right, like it was meant to be there. Maybe it should have come a little later, when I wasn't 18 years old and a fresh high school graduate. But, I couldn't change what happened. Not yet, anyway. As much as I wanted to wear the wedding ring and maybe flaunt this new relationship that I found myself in, I couldn't. I didn't want to make Mickey angry. He seemed angry enough to realise that he was married to me, and I just didn't want to make it worse.

Just because I wasn't wearing the ring on my finger, didn't mean I wouldn't wear it. I could always find creative places to wear it. The only reasonable place I could wear it would be as a necklace. I grabbed a few thin pieces of string, tied them together and put it through the wedding ring, so that it hung like a charm from a bracelet. I looked in the mirror as I put it around my neck, seeing that it looked like a normal necklace. I wondered what Mickey did with it.

"Nice necklace." Mickey scoffed as he made himself some coffee.

"What did you do with yours?" I asked, gesturing to his hand.

"You don't need to worry. All you need to know is that it's somewhere secret." Mickey sipped his coffee.

"So, you're just going to pretend like we're not married? Like, we're just friends who occasionally fuck?" I asked, trying to remain calm.

"Look, Ian, I have no idea what kinda fantasy you have in your brain, but I'm not going to live my life constantly being reminded that I married you. To you and me, we're married, but to everyone else, we're just Mickey and Ian. That's it." Mickey sighed, walking past me.

I was a little hurt. I knew that Mickey might not have been comfortable with the situation that we had found ourselves in, but to know that the marriage wouldn't exist in his mind, my heart broke a little.

"Are you going to fuck other people?" I asked, hoping that he would say no.

"Of course I am. I'm Mickey Milkovich. I fuck everyone." He smirked, leaving the kitchen.

Taking my ring out from behind my shirt, I stared at it, wondering how drunk I was to have married Mickey. Hearing the front door close, I quickly hid the ring back underneath my shirt, trying to pretend to be happy, even though I wasn't.

"Hey, Ian. How you been?" I rolled my eyes when I heard the voice coming closer.

"Son of a bitch. What the hell, Frank?" I watched as Frank came downstairs, butt-naked, a smile on his face. My heart dropped, realising that maybe he heard mine and Mickey's conversation.

"Fixed the toilet, cleaned the house, got you a new washing machine. I think the proper verbiage is "Thanks, Dad." Frank smirked as he put on Debbie's old pink robe with black, white and purple words on it.

"Uh, fuck you, Frank. Get out!" I snapped, wondering how the fuck Frank got into the house.

"Maybe you want to bring your boy toy over for some afternoon delight? I'm happy to distract young Liam there from the double boy-grunts." Frank smirked more, pissing me off. My mind also panicked at the knowledge of Liam knowing about me and Mickey, and therefore telling Fiona or Lip.

"Get out!" I yelled as I pointed to the back door, wanting him to go and never come back.

"Calm down. I have a few repairs to do on the house." I rolled my eyes and walked away, knowing that Frank was following me. I groaned, heading toward the staircase to get the bat that rested on the wall.

"Now that Fiona has dropped the ball-" Frank started.

"Okay." I was ready to bash Frank's head in.

"-Someone's got to pick it up, and that someone is me." Frank insisted as I grabbed the bat and turned around, holding it up so Frank would realise that I was serious about telling him to leave.

"Wait. My- My clothes are in the wash." Frank begged, backing away from me.

"You have to the count of three, dressed or not, Frank. One!" I rolled my eyes, watching as Frank made his way to the front door, trying to avoid being attacked by the bat.

"Let's take a vote. Everyone in favour of having an actual parent in the house?" Frank asked, stopping. He raised his arm, and so did Liam.

"All right. Two." I clenched my jaw and grabbed the bat with my other hand, charging full speed toward Frank who quickly panicked and ran out the front door. I slammed the door shut behind him, locking it. Rolling my eyes, I put the bat back in its place, going back to the kitchen.

"You don't like Frank at all, do you?" I jumped when I heard Mickey.

"Jesus Christ, Mick. You scared me. What are you still doing here? I thought you were off to fuck other people?" I sighed, recalling our past conversation.

"Not just yet. Wanted to witness the shitshow that is Frank Gallagher. Now that I have, I'm gone." Mickey smirked, placing his empty coffee cup in the sink.

"See you later, Gallagher." Mickey waved before exiting the house.